Plate Coral? Does this look right?

I bought a plate coral and I am not sure if this looks normal or not. I never see much change in its apperance. It never "expands" or has tentacles, just those bumps. I know its a short tentacle but are they that short? Looks like all skeleton and not much flesh to me.

newcoral.jpg
alt="">

I tried to feed it last night but all the shimp would do is "bounce" off and float away. None would stick to it. Unlike with my other LPS.

Looks toasty to me. It may recover, but it looks like it has receded a good amount. You should not see any skeleton on a health specimen.

yeah the more I look at it, I do not see any flesh. I sent a picture to Vivid Aquariums. That picture was take the day it arrived and it has not change since.

I have a feeling it is dead.

Well, I sent them a new picture and they said it looks "very stressed" and I should give it a few more days for it to recover. I recieved it last Friday so the 15 day guarantee ends next week.

I followed the drip acclimation procedures and everything else I got is doing great.

I hope it recovers but to tell you the truth, it looks dead to me.

That picture was taken the day I recieved it or maybe the day after. It has not changed much in a week

Specific gravity – 1.025
Ammonia – 0.0 ppm
Nitrite – 0.0 ppm
Nitrate – .10 ppm
pH – 8.1
Temperature – 80

Thanks Matt, I am going to give it a few more days before I contact them again. But I for sure want to get something done before my 15 day expires.

Well, mostly the same BUT I think I noticed some flesh last night. If you look at the picture you can see the skeletion, the "blades" are thin and sharp looking. Last night I noticed that about 1/8 of the plate the "blades" where thicker and kinda puffy. I keeping a close eye on it.

I still can't not determined if those bumps are soft flesh or harden skeleton. I don't want to mess it or move it too much. So I just sit and stare at it.