RO Waste Water?

I thought about that but I have a front loader and was not sure if I could just dump water in it.

How about watering plants or trees?

i know someone who uses it to top off an outdoor pond. you could definately use it to water plants or water for animals or yourself even. i know you cant try the washer thing, but i did once and lets just say im not allowed to do that anymore, lol, there was a minor flood.

We have our wastewater going outside into our pool and/or flower beds. All of the minerals have really made my flowers bloom this summer!

Keep in mind, the waste water has already been through the sediment filter and the carbon block filter, and in most cases, even if it hadn't been through those, it's only got around 1/3 more TDS than the incoming tap water...

I.E. The "waste" water isn't THAT bad, and there's a decent chance it's STILL better than tap water (I haven't tested it's actual TDS yet, but will be doing so shortly)

I considered running it outside to the pool, or to the foundation of the house, but my concern was that, while it doesn't happen often, we DO get freezes here in Texas, and having my waste line freeze up wouldn't be good for my RO/DI system at ALL!

My current plan that I'm tinkering is to have the waste run to a water dish for the cats, then have a level drain in that water dish that drains the overflow to a drain... Most of it will still be wasted, but at least the cats will always have fresh moving water to drink from...

I'm toying with some ideas on draining the overflow outside to water the foundation, but I'd have to have a way for it to overflow and still go to a drain if the line going outside clogged up or froze up...

We put a "T" in our waste water drain. I can divert the water outside to the pool when the weather is nice, or I can divert it down the drain when it's too cold. Glad to see that others are trying to be as environmently friendly as possible!

I never even though about using the waste water for other things. I am just putting it down the drain. I am defeneatly going to run it else . Good ideas Thanks for bringing this up!!
Brad

@silveradobobby wrote:
I use it for my freshwater discus take the PH is great and the extra minerals are perfect for the tank! said:
You can use this for a FW tank???

So can you use waste water to refill a FW tank? I am about to tear down my 55g and reseal it and I was going to save some of the wter but I saw were someone mentioned using waste water for a FW tank. Does anyone know if you can do this. It is a planted tank if that matters.

Thanks....Now I know what to do with my waste water for making my salt this weekend. Time to get bussy on draining and drying the tank so I can get it resealed.

to keep the line from freezing in the winter, just put some of the heat tape on it. I use mine for washing clothes that require cold water and I have a mag 12 pump to feed it to the washer, as I store it in a 55g barrel and an extra "Y".hooked up with a faucet. I also use it for my Wife's Planted Discus tank.

Steve