Search results

1. D

lighting for fluval edge

anyone know what lighting is best for a fluval edge aquarium. im starting a reef aquarium with one. looking for advise.prefer something that will fit in the hood it comes with .
  2. D

help nitrate question

ive recently.got.back into the hobby after moving. ive started my tank over with argonite. the person before me.had.the.water in bad.condition. ive never had a.nitrate problem until this time.around. its at around 60 to 80 on the color.chart. ive changed 20 gallons out of this 75 gallon tank 2...
  3. D

Metal light hanging rods?

Does anyone know where to get those metal l shaped rods that u hang lights off of i have a 48" hqifixture i wanna suspend over tank cause its a lil too small to stank on rim of my canopy
  4. D

Using a glass figurine in reef aquarium?

Just a question i want to get like a mermaid or or some kind of glass figurine and gluing zoas and stuff to cover it is a glass figurime ok to place in a reef tank . Probably a dumb question but wanna make sure.
  5. D

New seahorses doin great! Woohoo

So i finally got the guts to get me seahores. I was a bit hesitant to add em w my other fish but i have a backup tank just in case. Well it srems their gonna be a o k. Their eating frozen food just fine and seemto be getting along w my other fish just great. Heres some pics
  6. D

Where to fix a mh switch?

I have a 150 watt mh balast its new but the on off switch is not working its loose. Anyone know a local place that can fi x it. I wana fix it to sell the aquarium
  7. D

Small plastic rods for pump inpeller?

Does anyone know where i can oder those small plastic rods that connect the impellar to the magnet cylinder in a nano cube pump?
  8. D

Starting my transfer advise needed also

Ok so i finally got started on my tank transfer. I am switching from one older DAS 75 gallon to a rr 75 gallon. I think i might have the tank ready. Im praying i do cause im kinda lost lol never had a refugium. Let alone plump one. Ok so heres some pictures. Please feel free to tell me if you...
  9. D

Holly rock?

Anyone use holly rock. ? Is it ok for a saltwater aquarium? I just really like how it looks
  10. D

Lghting question help fast wanna buy lights for sale plz

If i put a mh pendAnt in the middle of a 75 gallon tank w two t5s on each side do yall think it will look wierd ? Or yall think the light will spread even in the tank?
  11. D

Small bicolor blenny went missing

Has anyone had a bicolor blenny that dissapeared for over a week? I put mine in the tank i saw em once last week after that i never saw him again. ? i checked all around tank in filter and all but no sign... hes kinda camoflauged but still ive stared and stared in tank and dont see em. i have a...
  12. D

black spiny urchin problem

i got this urchin from the pet store a while back . he was doing fine . now all of a sudden his spines are getting white horizontall lines. now they look like a candy cane but with black and white? whats going wrong here?
  13. D

transfering contents in one aquarium to another help

Ok sorry i know theres a few threads on this but i wanted to start one of my own so i can ask and get info. it seems theres a lotta yes and no's when it comes to different things. Im about to switch everything from my 75 gallon DAS aquarium to a newer 75 gallong aquarium with a refugium sump...
  14. D

Yellow watchman goby help

I have a 75 gallon tank and just added two yellow watchman gobys hopeing its a male and female ones lighter in color and one is real neon green. Well today they began to fight one actually puts the others head in his mouth? This isnt a mating thing is it ? Lol its got me worried
  15. D

Gbta split!

Left out of town on sad family buisness and returned to a great surprise! My gbta split i think into 4 or 5 small gbtas! Is that normal to have so many? Its a first time split for this nem. O was so happy juat worried now cause their starting to wander the tank...? now im just praying they all...
  16. D

where to find egg crate

i think thats what you call it. im looking for a place where i can get egg crate like what the frag racks are made out of. can someone plz tell me where i can get some? and the real name or is egg crate the real name?n
  17. D

Great site on sumps refugiums!

I have a das h99 filter in tank im gonna add a refugium to it. For anyone just learning or looking for info this sites awsome explains real good. http://www.melevsreef.com/allmysumps.html. Loved it.
  18. D

Keeping a jawfish from getting smashed by rocks

Im about to get a jawfish soon but wanna prepare for him first. Do yall think that putting plexiglass along the edges of the rocks as a barrier for him not to burrow under is a good idea or maybe egg crate? Will i have to take all the rock out and make a base for the rock? Or anyone have a...
  19. D

Help w salt mixing plz

Ican someone help me up until now ive been buying saltwater already mixed at store in fear of messing something up. But thats getting costly!!! So today i bought a bug bucket of salt to mix myself. My question is is the water that they sell in the machines outside grocery stores good for mixing...
  20. D

Anyone know what this could be

Today i looked in my tank and i saw a tiny tiny little thing kinda looked like a tinty anemone. Not sure what it is though. It was a orange color slinky tube w very thin white tentacles . It was hanging off a crab shell. The tentacles were grabbing onto the shell and moving just like an anemone...