transfering contents in one aquarium to another help

Ok sorry i know theres a few threads on this but i wanted to start one of my own so i can ask and get info. it seems theres a lotta yes and no's when it comes to different things.

Im about to switch everything from my 75 gallon DAS aquarium to a newer 75 gallong aquarium with a refugium sump.
Imma need some advise big time. pleaseeeee how do i do this?
what do i move first that kinda thing, and can i use the same sand. if i can id rather do that cause it will be a lotta money to buy that much sand again.
If i do use my sand does it have to cycle a long time? its coonfusing lol
I just wanna be ready and know eveything i have to do before i start. Thanks

I don't know what you have in your tank... You will need tubs to store water from your current tank plus house live rock... A small tank with flow for you fish... you will need a place to wash your sand before it can be placed back into the new tank, I use RODI water to wash the sand it keeps the sand from retaining tap water chemicals... place the base rock on rods to keep rock off the glass... Add the washed sand and then water as needed to keep the water level even with the level of rock you are stacking... make sure at least 50% of the water in the new tank and sump came from the old tank... It might take all of the old tank water to fill up the sump and new tank together... top off with new water and start it up... let it run for a few hours to get back to correct temp and then test water... slowly add the fish and corals back... continue to test and be ready to do a water change in case there is some die off... expect a cycle, but it should not be bad because you used the old tank water and kept everything wet with old tank water during the move... also make sure the current tank water test are good, it you have high readings now you are just moving bad water back into the new system.

If you have the prep work done and have uninterrupted time, you can easily get the tank ready for fish and corals in a day, that assumes that you're using most of the old water, lr, and cleaned sand, so that your livestock has limited shock risk. Just make sure that the temp and ph stay as close to constant as possible.

Marc has a great short article on this on Melevsreef.com: Here's the link: http://www.melevsreef.com/moving_a_tank.html

Good luck!