lighting for fluval edge

anyone know what lighting is best for a fluval edge aquarium. im starting a reef aquarium with one. looking for advise.prefer something that will fit in the hood it comes with .

Your going to need to DIY something. I you google "fluval edge reef" you should find plenty of videos and how to's from people who have already done it.

I once considered doing an Edge with an AI Nano after coming across this build: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/303188-fluval-12-gallon-ai-nano-super-blue-led-upgrade/

they really need to make a light small enough to fit these.aquariums that sustain reefs.they have some mods you can buy but from what ive seen the color is kinda crappy. considering the steep price tag.

The edge has that tiny canopy and its not a very tall tank, but it is wide. So it's impossible to get good enough lighting across the entire tank with that canopy. Modding is the only way to go.

@Demitrio555 wrote:
Led light Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk said:
is this the company/Ebay store?
http://www.21ledstrips.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1632
if it is, It says Arlington, but I think it's a guy in Burleson back in the homes behind Bestbuy. his living room is his assembly line. Strip lights everywhere.
I bought a UV light like the one you got and the plug looked very generic....It didn't look like the safe UL rated plugs you normally buy. ALl I use the light for is for occasional fun like a black light....
Here is where I got the info when I was deciding between DYI lights and buying a light from a company like Aqua Illuminations.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=106196&p=808228&hilit=Supplemental#p808228
Ask rckrzy1 for a review/update for these lights

here's mine DIY light for my Fluval edge 6 gallons. It's full spectrum sun set/rise, the heat sink is pretty big for the original hood, i was plan to make a hood out of black acrylic, and wraps up all the wires and controller, but well...got a good deal on bigger tank so forget it, now it's my frags tank :D. hope it kinda get you an idea for your tank [smilie=wink.gif]
sorry for bad pictures
IMG_20131108_143428.jpg
alt="">
IMG_20131108_132715.jpg
alt="">
IMG_20131108_132738.jpg
alt="">

My diamond is pissed as i moved all the rocks to new tank, and spitting sand all over the place :(
IMG_20131108_132304.jpg
alt="">

bonus build in overflow & return :)
IMG_20131108_132833.jpg
alt="">

thanks for yhe info guys. yeah I like thatsetup. I was wondering what that tube in ur tank is too... I like the led set up. I apreciat all yalls advise.

not sure if its the same guy but I assume.it is. this guy on ebay also says hes from arlington.it may be him. bummer I think that would have fit the hood lol.

I love these tanks. I just git me a nother for $20 on clist w a broken top glass.ima see if I can remove it. and experiment with this one since I got it cheap. too scared to mess w my full price one lol.