Search results

1. M

Zoa ID please

Love these things, but looking for a name. zoa.JPG
  2. M

Show me your furniture ideas for.....

.....hiding equipment you can't fit in your stand. I've been trying to get my ATO and dosing system up and running, but I need to conceal it in some type of cabinet style furniture with room for storage of other miscellaneous tank tools. I'm not really a furniture DIYer, so I'm mainly looking...
  3. M

Bobbit Worms takes down Lionfish

That is so cool!!!!!!
  4. M

Deciding on fish, your input appreciated.

Help me build my fish list for my 60 gallon cube, keep in mind it will be an all SPS tank. I'm looking for really interesting and a variety of color. So far I'm thinking: Small Anthias.... Bartletts? Small wrasse.... NO SIX LINE. I'm still on the fence about clownfish. I know I'm right on...
  5. M

MarcoG's 60 cube build

Well, after being out for awhile due to less than ideal circumstances, which actually ended up being a blessing in disguise, I'm finally getting back in.......I knew I wouldn't be able to stay out for too long. [smilie=rofl.gif] The only problem is the new house doesn't really have the room...
  6. M

Don't have a fish trap? Try this.....

I've been trying to come up with ideas to catch my Melanarus Wrasse without taking all of my liverock out. He's too smart. Well I finally outsmarted him lol [smilie=clapping.gif] This would only work if you have a more open aquascape. I got out some spare egg crate, measured it, and...
  7. M

Weird Nem or some kind of pest?????

I found this attached to the underside of my chalice. It's pretty wicked looking. I'm not sure what it is. I edited the colors a little bit to be more realistic. With Flash weirdnem2.JPG No flash weirdnem.jpg
  8. M

Firefish parasite

Has anyone dealt with this? If so, what can I do to get rid of it? Serpentisaccus magnificae From what I understand the curly part is just the egg sack and the parasitic copepod is buried in the fish. IMG_0280.JPG IMG_0281.JPG
  9. M

Fish ID

Not sure what these are, but they are pretty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP_ZacsznCM
  10. M

Coral ID

Not sure what this is, but it's growing very well in my tank [smilie=lol.gif] I accidentally broke it off the rock a long time ago and have had it in my frag rack since. You can see in the bottom left corner the part left on the rock growing.
  11. M

Bulkhead gasket....

I know the gasket goes on the wet side, but I have a gasket that has "ridges" on one side. Do the ridges touch the glass or the bulkhead?
  12. M

MarcoG's 100 gallon Starphire Build

I just picked up my favorite size tank on Friday, a 48" x 30" x 18" with a Starphire front panel. The inside dimensions come out to about 100 gallons. Sounds small but it's much bigger than it seems. It came with a custom built stand that is VERY well made. I'm cleaning the tank tomorrow...
  13. M

SPS keepers.....

Inspect your corals! I just found this today. I have an acro crab in one of my colonies but I have no idea where this one came from. I dip everything I get too.
  14. M

Mp40w problems

My Gen 2 MP40w stopped working yesterday. The controller is now showing solid red, and the only other color I can get it to show is flashing red/white. Anything I can find on this shows that it is part of the firmware upgrade. I did that a LONG time ago. Not sure why it randomly decided to...
  15. M

Wrasse and cleaner shrimp compatibility?

Has anyone kept a melanarus wrasse with cleaner shrimp? Do you think the wrasse would go after the cleaner shrimp?
  16. M

replacing rock

I'm thinking about getting rid of my GSP rocks completely. The only problem is that it is on about 1/3 (lb wise) of the rock I have in my DT. If I take it out and replace it with dry dead rock, such as BRS "eco" rock or MarcoRock, what will my tank go through? Am I correct in assuming that...
  17. M

Coral id

What is this coral? I came across it and it seems very interesting. Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  18. M

Aquamaxx bulb local?

does anyone local sell aquamaxx bulbs?
  19. M

Brand new bulb won't fire

I tried my new Radium 400watt 20K SE bulb today and it didn't light up at all. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and nothing happened. I put my current bulb (XM 10K) in and it fires right up. I'm running a dual 400 watt PFO ballast.
  20. M

Best 20k bulb?

I was wondering what the best 20k 400watt SE bulb is in terms of color and par. I'm thinking of going with Radiums, but I wanted to find out from the experts. [smilie=smile.gif]