Deciding on fish, your input appreciated.

MarcoG

Membership Expired
Help me build my fish list for my 60 gallon cube, keep in mind it will be an all SPS tank. I'm looking for really interesting and a variety of color. So far I'm thinking:

Small Anthias.... Bartletts?
Small wrasse.... NO SIX LINE.
I'm still on the fence about clownfish.

I know I'm right on the edge of the tank being to small for some fish, but...
Yellow Eye Kole Tang?

I've always really liked the black cap basslet. If you're wanting to avoid the six line, is it because of aggression?

Pygmy wrasses I have three different types and they aren't territorial

I would think anthias would need a longer tank maybe someone would chime in I thought they like to swim around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David- yes that's mostly why. ;)

Pampee- that's what I thought too but live aquaria shows that Bartletts need a 70 gallon minimum.

Also thought of a sunrise dottyback

Ventralis Anthias - stunning. Feed them often (run biopellets with regular bacteria dosing) - amazing fish.

VentralisAnthias2.jpg
alt="">

@Marc wrote:
Ventralis Anthias - stunning. Feed them often (run biopellets with regular bacteria dosing) - amazing fish. [img]http://www.aquacon.com/images/VentralisAnthias2.jpg[/img] alt=""> said:
alt="">

Now where can I pick up some of those?????

Midcities had some last summer they are like $100 a fish

Call tommy up see if he can order you some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an awesome fish. As far as wrasses go I really really like the cryptic 6 line and they are ery docile if not shy but a cool fish for sure

Samsung Galaxy S III

Here is a picture of the cryptic or pink streaked

I almost forgoty favorite wrasse which is the female blue star leopard wrasse

Here is the one I have
BSLW.jpg
alt="">

Samsung Galaxy S III

The cryptic wrasse looks a little too strung out for me haha [smilie=rofl.gif]

I came across a yellow hogfish that looks beautiful.

A McCoskers Flasher Wrasse is a great fish and not to much money. I would not have a tank without one. DD is supposed to have a black fin McCoskers today. Should be an interesting variation.

@Baldguy wrote:
A McCoskers Flasher Wrasse is a great fish and not to much money. I would not have a tank without one. DD is supposed to have a black fin McCoskers today. Should be an interesting variation. said:
That is definitely another one on my list.

Marco, I would suggest you pay more for a few really cool fish since you are limited on space. That way every gem swimming around has greater value to you and thus greater enjoyment. :)

Fortunately for me, I love 30 chromis. [smilie=lol.gif]

I bought a yellow candy hog fish and a Lubbock's Black bar fairy wrasse. Reef remedies is going to hold them until I get my tank complete..... Which should be soon

I also bought some Marco rock today to start my aquascape.