Show me your furniture ideas for.....

MarcoG

Membership Expired
.....hiding equipment you can't fit in your stand.

I've been trying to get my ATO and dosing system up and running, but I need to conceal it in some type of cabinet style furniture with room for storage of other miscellaneous tank tools. I'm not really a furniture DIYer, so I'm mainly looking for pictures of something I can go out and buy.

Unless there's someone on here that can build me what I'm looking for and not cost an arms and a leg. Nothing too big, I only have a 5 gallon water jug for top off and a 3 gallon slim container for Alk.

Thanks!!!

Why not hide those under an inverted pretty basket and set a house plant on top?

I seriously considered that when you first told me about it. I just need some more storage space for my little gadgets and stuff that I like to keep close to my tank

Well, this is what one guy did years ago: http://www.melevsreef.com/acrylics/sumps/side/sumpthin.html

I definitely remember seeing that on your site. Maybe I could just order another identical stand to put next to the tank.

Here's what I did.....
[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Ran out of room under my stand so I decided to place a 20Tall in a wicker basket next to my tank to hold my ATO water. Matches the decor of the room and makes my wife happy (most important....lol). There's also a huge selection of them at Garden Ridge. They have hinges on the lid so they are maintenance friendly.

IKEA. They have a lot of half way decent furniture that is relatively inexpensive. I just purchased a cabinet for my entertainment center. You can customize it to have a door front and drawers. Good choice of colors also.

I bought an ikea cabinet that rolls and I turned it backwards. It matches pretty close to the tank stand color wise. It was like $50 and has lasted 5 years so far.

I've seen both Mike and Kyles, and I gotta say, I didn't even notice they were hiding their goodies. It prob helps that both guys have great looking tanks that keep your eyes away from its surroundings! :)

I added cabinets to the left and right of my tank.
8yze8u6e.jpg
alt="">

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk