Mp40w problems

MarcoG

Membership Expired
My Gen 2 MP40w stopped working yesterday. The controller is now showing solid red, and the only other color I can get it to show is flashing red/white. Anything I can find on this shows that it is part of the firmware upgrade. I did that a LONG time ago. Not sure why it randomly decided to do this, but it's after hours for Ecotech's customer service, so I though I'd try here.

Any ideas???

your spoke to ecotech already? did they say you needed a firmware update? you can flash it from anyone else with one, i know marc just updated his to the newest. i have two that are only 6 months old that would probably work.

have you check the wetside to make sure its not binding. If anything i have a gen1 controller to get it running again to see if its the controller or not or i can lend you my gen2 driver also.

http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/FULLMANUAL_Revision1.1.pdf

You guy's are 1000miles apart. I would call Frank's and ask him if he would let you flash from one of his since he is/was an authorized vortech reseller. If you don't get it resolved by Sunday, shoot me a PM and we can meet up, I also have a older gen1 that you can borrow until you get the issue resolved.

Cheers,

I have another mp40w that I tried flashing it with but it won't send/receive and complete the upgrade.

@MarcoG wrote:
I have another mp40w that I tried flashing it with but it won't send/receive and complete the upgrade. said:
sounds like you will have to send it in to get fixed or replaces. Hope everything works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, just got off the phone and they said that the controller has gone bad. They said it most likely got wet. [smilie=sadsmile.gif] I've done my best to keep it away from water and to my knowledge it never did. I'm not ruling it out, but it looks like I'm outta luck....I either need to find a new controller or buy a new one.