Search results

1. T

Need cheato please near Rockwall

Anyone have some they're about to cull I'd like to grab some. Tim
  2. T

Help! My Lobo lost it's mouth

I don't know for sure but I think this may be the end of this guy, does anyone else have experience with these? I'll get another picture but here's a quick one.
  3. T

Beautiful Paly or Mojano?

What is it. I've never seen a mojano look like this. I fragged it out to save it but it was extremely touchy. I don't have much experience with Palythoas or mojanos. 3-11-11-Juan-206.jpg
  4. T

New LEDs!

I picked up an LED fixture from Exotic LED and it's burning my corals. I had it 6" above a 60g cube (24"^3). I placed it about 12" above the water and turned one of the white and one of the actynics off and everything quit spitting out it's zooxanthellae. I've read about polyp...
  5. T

Mesh Mod skimmer results

The photo below was after 24 hours of skimming! I set up a 60g. cube as a quarantine tank, till I get the 90 up and going, and I put in about 70 gallons of newly mixed 'clean' water; then I took about 18 lbs of live rock out of my sump to get this system going and ran it for 3 days till I put...
  6. T

Another AC3 Wireless Problem

I can't see the AC3 with the new equipment. I switched to AT&T and they gave me a wireless DSL router that is wire to a DLink wireless bridge on the other side of the house. The AC3 is connected to the WGA. It worked fine with cable modem, and Linksys router but this new setup is stumping me...
  7. T

Banggai Babies

Yeah! The male held the eggs for 28 days. He broke two statistics from other breeders for this. They usually don't hold that long during their first batch and he held them longer than the 21 minimum. They usually don't make it past day 10 for some breeders. I managed to find 5 babies. 3...
  8. T

Thanks Lindsey!

For those who don't know about Lindsey, after she visits your tank it's said that you fish will breed like crazy...LOL Finally, my Banggai made some eggs, it was just after Lindsey and Matt came to visit...hmmm Don't know if they will make it to fry but we'll see. It was sad to see him just...
  9. T

Harlequin shrimp

Do Harlequin shrimp eat asteria starfish? I have too many and would like to thin them out. After he's through with the main tank I've got others too. I would also like to find something to eat the micro brittle stars. I'm thinking it only likes Linkias but not sure. TIA Tim
  10. T

Hole cutting bits

I don't know how many of you have seen this site but it's got some cool stuff. They are primarily selling kits and bits to put an overflow in a tank that was set up without one. Glass Holes They also show you how to do it and it's pretty funny! Thanks Malofish for the info!
  11. T

Crushed limestone

This stuff looks a bit gray. Does anyone have photos of their tank with the crushed limestone from Home Depot?
  12. T

pH testing blunders

What does this chart mean in the left hand pH column? (Aquacontroller III) 09:00 12/11/2008 77.6 8.44 10:00 12/11/2008 77.7 8.50 11:00 12/11/2008 77.6 8.53 12:00 12/11/2008 77.6 8.53 13:00 12/11/2008 77.7 8.53 14:00 12/11/2008 78.1 8.52 15:00 12/11/2008 78.2 8.48 16:00 12/11/2008...
  13. T

CO2 air tube - small green -where to get

Does any one know of a local place to get the small green supply line. I have a larger one but it's too big. Thanks, Tim
  14. T

Calcium Reactor - adding a probe

After seeing MO's in chamber probe I had to do it. I thought I would share my procedure because drilling and tapping acrylic is scary business. Here is the equipment I use. A 23/32" drill bit, a 1/2" NPT tap, and socket driver for a drill and an 8 point socket. alt=""> I suggest getting a...
  15. T

T5 bulbs burned out after 1 month

I haven't used the T-5 with my setup yet but it should power them or the VHO fine. I have a VHO setup but I'm thinking about going with the T-5 because my tank is narrow.
  16. T

Calcium Reactor setup

I got a used PM calcium reactor and I need to get it running. I'm using an AC3 on a 125. I think I need to get another pH probe!? I will probably put it in the sump somewhere because it's crowded everywhere else. What about the media? I don't know anything about it so if you have some...
  17. T

Frank's has Selcon

http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=437264#437264
  18. T

Selcon

Someone finally carries it locally. Frank's Tanks got some in. I was expecting 20 bucks but it is around 15 bucks. If you're not familiar it adds HUFA (fatty acids...good stuff). You use it to enrich brine, rotifers, or soak other foods in it. Use it sparingly, it's easy to over-dose.
  19. T

Let's see your cultures

I've started a closet culture :lol: until we get the fish room built and thought I would start a post to see what everyone's doing. I started with a half bottle of Nanochloropsis and now I'm working with some Tetraselmis and rotifers. I tried Isocrysis but it's difficult to get a good start on...
  20. T

24 G Nano Build

Not sure if this goes under tank build since it's a repair but here goes...so please move it if you need to Scott :D We got this tank for $20, wasn't sure if it was a good idea because it is cracked in the back but we figured we would try our hand at it. Otherwise it was new without anything...