Another AC3 Wireless Problem

I can't see the AC3 with the new equipment.
I switched to AT&T and they gave me a wireless DSL router that is wire to a DLink wireless bridge on the other side of the house. The AC3 is connected to the WGA. It worked fine with cable modem, and Linksys router but this new setup is stumping me.
I'm going to try to get the WGA to connect to the DSL router but I would rather it be on the bridge.
I've tried setting the bridge to Auto DHCP, and tried IP of 192.168.1.250 and it defaults to a gateway of 192.168.1.254 which is the same as the DSL router. The bridge is on 192.168.1.170 (I think).
I never see the WGA on a ping...does it have something to do with it not sending out packets?
Under the WGA setup it says it is connected under status.
If anyone has used this setup I would appreciate some help.
If it helps the bridge is setup with WPA and the router has WEP security...still a nebie at the network stuff.
Thanks, Tim

Hey Tim,

Setting up the WGA to the router on auto DHCP would be the easiest. If you're typing in the IP's you need to make sure the defualt gateway is correct and the subnet masks are the same on all of your hardware.

If you can post your LAN IP network range, default gateway, and list of hardware. That way I can see the address scheme.

Oh and I used to be Network Engineer, so hopefully I can help. [smilie=wink.gif]

@blide wrote:
Hey Tim said:
Below is the range, is that what you're looking for.
I tried the WGA on DHCP but it didn't help. You can see it on the bottom of the list. I tried turning off the router firewall but it renamed the IP address. Right now the gateway on the router, WGA, and AC3 are set to 192.168.1.253. The IP on the controller is 192.168.1.250 and the AC3 IP is 192.168.1.51. Subnet on all is 255.255.255.0

On the list the WGA is not active. As soon as I unplug it it disappears so I'm guessing the problem is the router...possibly it's fire wall. I have Kapersky on my computer but I'm not sure if it's blocking it. If it were on the routers list or would ping then I would say it's my firewall.

Right now the gateway on the router said:
From your screenshot it looks like the default gateway is 192.168.1.254 and not 253.

Also if you're having issues with the WGA not connecting on DHCP you may need to make sure you have the latest firmware. I'm not sure what model # WGA you have so go to the linksys website (support) and verify the latest firmware.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/linksys

One thing I also don't understand is why you need the wireless bridge since you have the AT&T wireless router and a WGA. Can you describe your network layout in a list?

Oops, you're right, it was past my bed time. The gateway is 192.168.1.254 on all devices.
The WGA has newer firmware than what is available online.
The router is too far away from some of the computers so the bridge is providing internet to my shop but the WGA can get the router.
I think my problem is somewhere in the router. It sees it fine plugged in but wireless is a no go and I never had problems with the Linksys router. I wonder if AT&T has just a modem so I can go back to my Linksys?

You might try changing the wireless channel on the router (the default could be interfering with some other device like the bridge) and also try setting up a new SSID and manual WEP key for the router and WGA.

It looks like there is a problem with connecting to the 2Wire products. Here's my options:
1. Call AT&T and see if they have a different brand...doubt it.
2. Move the bridge closer to the tank and hard wire the AC3 (other reasons for moving it)
3. Get rid of the DSL and go back to cable modem...my favorite idea. Not sure why we switched, price I guess.

If I hard wire the AC3 can I still connect to it from my iPhone?

I bet you're tired of messing with this stuff, but I have to think there's a lot of people with similar setups that work (gamers). What's the model # of the WGA and ATT router? Did you try changing the channel? The 3 standard non-overlapping channels are 1, 6, and 11. (Any "closer" channels will overlap, basically) One test you can do to see if something is causing wireless issues is to turn off all the other wireless devices in the house and only turn on the WGA and router to see if it connects.

If you don't feel like troubleshooting anymore I have a ATT dsl modem that I can send you. I actually switched from their modem to the wireless router like yours to eliminate my linksys router. :)

So if you want PM me your address and I'll mail you the modem. Then you can use the old linksys router with the dsl modem.

I've had a cold the since yesterday, maybe just a bug I got. I still want to fix it, it's just a bit frustrating right now.

I tried disconnecting the bridge and accessing the WGA through a wireless notebook off of the router but I had no luck.

I also changed the channel to 11 from 6 and had no luck.

Are you using a WGA on an ATT router? The model number is the WGA54G ver 2

No WGA here... One thing you could try is to set the WGA back to it's default and then set it up again with your laptop or home PC. I read the WGA install doc and was wondering if you have the network type set to "ad-hoc" or "infrastructure"?