Harlequin shrimp

Do Harlequin shrimp eat asteria starfish? I have too many and would like to thin them out.
After he's through with the main tank I've got others too.
I would also like to find something to eat the micro brittle stars.
I'm thinking it only likes Linkias but not sure.
TIA Tim

I had lots of the astrea stars in my old tank I had. They used to always be eating my zoanthids! I used to pull them out by hand and eventually they pretty much just dissappeared.

Once they eat all of them your going to have to feed them other star fish. I dont think they will eat anything else.

I have way too many brittle stars.
I want to increase my other pods but I can't if they brittle stars eat all of the extra food.

Will they eat the brittles too?

@DaveG99 wrote:
Once they eat all of them your going to have to feed them other star fish. I dont think they will eat anything else. said:
Dave, at that point I would give him back to the LFS but I don't think I'll have that problem.
Maybe we could get a club shrimp :lol: We could pass him around like the glass hole bits.

LOL on the club shrimp. If we do that then I have some larger crabs that I would love to make club crabs. I always need the larger crabs during and right after my cycle to keep algea under control, but after that they run over all my softies and zoas and irritate them. Same with peppermint shrimp, some of them can be a pain.