Search results

1. S

Black Friday Deal - Full Tank and all live and dry goods incl.

Hey guys,We are planning a pretty significant remodel, and the 3 year old 100-mixed reef I have, is not going to fit into anything Wifey wants to do with our living area. So I am in negotiations to design and build a 265 to go in the Living room next spring. So , rather than try to move the...
  2. S

FREE to a good home

20 Long2 power filter (1 new in box)marineland LED lidair pump some spare filters and etc 4 x very well fed 2 year old Neons1 x 3-1/2” red tip bala 1 x 4” PlecoThis is my daughter’s little FW setup and we have had these fish for 2 years so we’d like someone to take it that wants a nice little...
  3. S

48" Reefbrite Strips (2)

I have 2 x 48" reefbrites. I was going to use them for supplemental for a 265 I was going to build. But after sleeping on it, our 110 is doing so well, we don't want to disrupt things right now. $80 each or both for $150 edit: 1 is a 50/50 and one is an actinic.  These are the Silver aluminum...
  4. S

Trade Bait: Or sell for cheap

Hi guys,I have what can only be described as a PROLIFIC GSP colony. I thought I was managing it, but it's pretty much taken over my center overflow.  I'm "ok" with it being on the O-Flow, so now to avoid having to do a bunch of scrubbing and peeling to get it off this center rock, I figured I'd...
  5. S

Premium Reefkeeping Stuffs for Sale (may trade)

I have a few premium stuffs for sale, ya'll. When I decided to get back into reefing legit, I amassed a stockpile because I had not yet decided whether i was going to do a 4'-6'-8' tank, if I was gonna go Deep, etc.Now that i have settled in nicely into my little 100G, I am quite content, and...
  6. S

DIY : AI SOL/HYDRA/VEGA rails

So, I got back in to the swing lately and wanted to start out with some relatively affordable LED but wanted more features than budget allowed. I was fortunately able to pick up a quad of very lightly used SOL BLUES and Hydra Gen2, with remotes. Problem was, my new tank has a gorgeous canopy...
  7. S

Locals to "your" area.

Hey I was wanting to get tabs on who is in my neck of the woods, now that I'm immersed back in the hobby. I'm up in McKinney / Allen / Frisco area. right at Custer and 121. So those are the areas I refer to as "local". So, who else is up here in the dirty North ? :) ha PM me, and I'll add...
  8. S

overzealous with sand bed

Got a little over zealous with the sand bed in my new 120. It's by far the deepest I've ever created. I've never run a DSB, nor do I know if these even qualifies, as a DSB. Anyone wanna offer any particularly insightful hints on special care ? I'm particularly concerned post-cycle about how...
  9. S

reconstituting live rock.

Hey guys, I'm starting my 120 back up after a 4 year hiatus, and have a question. I got some rock off a fellow reefer, that had for all intents and purposes, been cooked. (when I went to pick it up, it had been in a 55g bucket in the dallas heat, and the water was 100 degrees F.) Anyway...
  10. S

DNA salt mix

Anyone know anything about their house brand ? I know it's gotta be OEMd from a major supplier, just curious if it's any good. I got a bucket for free with some tank stuff I bought ...
  11. S

Repair help, skimmer body cracked (pics)

So, I bought this new in box off a guy from RC, and thought it was a great deal. Until the elves at FedEx showed up with it, looking like they had smuggled it over the border with a Trebuchet. Body is cracked where the pump volute screws in. Should I drill a small pinhole with a 1/64" bit...
  12. S

Guide me

My last sump was smaller than this one, and I am having a little trouble deciding what to do with the extra real estate. Although I'd like to think I know what the hell I am doing after all these years, I'm still undecided where to put the return. Much of the confusion is that the TS fuge I...
  13. S

How to load / unload a tank (by yourself.)

At one time or another, we've all done it. Made that impulse buy. An upgrade you wanted. Maybe an equipment replacement. A free leaky 210 needing a new home, for free ? Well, if you're like me, and you have little to no help at home from toddlers and a frail wife, here's how you can use...
  14. S

Welding

Just wanted to let member know: Last year I started a project, restoring a '65 VW Beetle, and I ended up wiring and installing a 240V Welder (MIG) in my garage. so, if any of you folks DIY'ing ever need anything welded, from 22 gauge all the way up to 1/4", let me know :D -bd-
  15. S

repaint flaking fixture

I have a coralife fixture that the thin coat of factory paint, is flaking off the metal housing. I think it's aluminum ? Is there any impact on heat dissipation if I paint it with a couple coats of appliance enamel ? I plan to wire brush it, seal it with Rust-O-leum Rust encapsulator. And...
  16. S

retrofitting T5 into a PC housing

Anyone ever seen a T5 retrofitted into a housing that was made with PCs ? For instance, a dual MH + 96W PC housing, keeping the halides, and swapping the endcaps and ballasts for T5 HO ?
  17. S

Center Braced Tanks

Who has a center braced (black plastic) and have you found the brace impacts light distribution at all ? I just bought my new 120 aga and it's the same as my old one. I just couldnt pass up the deal. Butttt, I have a 48" 4 x t5 fixture At the moment and concerned its gonna cast a huge shadow...
  18. S

substitute for Weld-ON

Is there a suitable substitute for Weld-On ? I bought a Trigger Sump, Used, and I really would prefer cleaning, and running a light bead along the seams to ensure a great seal. Also, there's a small crack in the Red Acrylic top, I'd like to repair to add strength. Thanks for any advice.
  19. S

New Sump / Fuge config.

Hey guys. I picked up the following and going to use it for my 120g. I know TS doesn't build them this way anymore, and I recall a reason, but it escapes me now. I'm probably going to use a Mag-12 or Quiet 1 5000 for my return, and may just use it in-sump to keep it cool, and since I don't run...
  20. S

HEY I'M BACK, FISHES. . .

I'M BACK ! I been gone a long time, but I'm back. We relocated to Los Angeles in 2008, and in 2009 I sold my 120G Reef due to a promotion and 2 babies in 2 years. Now we're back in Dallas, and I'm looking to buy a new setup for the house. I'm gonna hit the classifieds but anyone know if...