substitute for Weld-ON

sublime-1

Membership Expired
Is there a suitable substitute for Weld-On ?

I bought a Trigger Sump, Used, and I really would prefer cleaning, and running a light bead along the seams to ensure a great seal.

Also, there's a small crack in the Red Acrylic top, I'd like to repair to add strength.

Thanks for any advice.

Why a substitute? Get some Weld-on #16, it comes in a tube like toothpaste and you can fix it that way. Or you can find a Hobby Lobby and check for the welding solvent sold for model cars & planes perhaps. It is watery and comes like nail polish with a brush attached the the screw-on cap.

If for some reason you can't find weld-on you can use super-glue in a quick fix. Bond is very strong but it wont have the clean look of weld-on.

I'm not sure if you are really in CA or not, but here in DFW they have Elliot's hardware that carries weld-on products.

@Marc,

I didn't know it was available off the shelf due to MSDS or something.....

I'll check out the #16, and run a bead around the areas I need to double check.

I marked a water line, I filled the thing, and left it overnight and the level stayed the same, but we know how things tend to change once they're in the house. (Mr. Murphy).

I'll look for some Weld-On 16.

You can pick it up at any of the acrylic suppliers here in the metroplex, including Allied and Regal Plastics. They are listed on our LFS page. www.dfwmas.org/lfs