How to load / unload a tank (by yourself.)

sublime-1

Membership Expired
At one time or another, we've all done it.

Made that impulse buy.

An upgrade you wanted. Maybe an equipment replacement. A free leaky 210 needing a new home, for free ?

Well, if you're like me, and you have little to no help at home from toddlers and a frail wife, here's how you can use Physics on your side, save your back, and avoid costly breakage or injury.

I can never wait for help, so I figure out ways to do many things on my own.

120 Solo loading and unloading.

120-1.jpg
alt="">
120-2.jpg
alt="">
120-3.jpg
alt="">

Thats using your head! FYI Anytime you need help just ask because I am about 5 min away from you I think. I live at Coit and Rolater in Frisco..

Lmao sure this

Reefer, I had a 1/2 sheet of 3/4 mdf but I once used a 2x4 to move a 55 full of wet sand up 3 flights of apartment stairs lol

Just the way my brain works I guess. !

Great idea, but I would use at least two 2x4s in case one decided to crack under the weight during the slide up / slide down. I've seen lumber give up before, and usually not in a situation where it didn't matter to me. ;)

@Marc wrote:
Great idea said:
Ain't that the truth..... I agree I don't recommend one !

I have considering making a Jig for loading cabinets, etc. for home projects. Since we switched from a pickup to an SUV (kids) life have become, well, "complex". in terms of logistics of this hobby !

HA

lol, nice. Like my dad always said, you gotta be smarter then what you are working with.

How did you move it to its location once it was unloaded? I thought my 90g was plenty heavy for my friend and I, can only imagine a 120g.

I made myself a cheap furniture dolly out of 2x4's and caster wheels and it has come in handy many, many times. Those make it very easy to move tanks and other things around the house.