Search results

1. F

Feeding a large Trigger

Hey guys, I have recently aquired (about 3 months ago) a Blue Throat Trigger about 9 inches long in excellent health. I have noticed that his topline right above his eyes and back to the dorsal have been shrinking in size somewhat. Going from a nice full convex curvature to much less than a...
  2. F

Aptasia cure all! Now how do I fix the cure! (High PH)

I've been dosing my 215g with kalk water for about 18 months now and have had great success at keeping the calcium and PH in optimum ranges. However, recently my PH rose to undesirable levels as I've since found out is common with limewater tanks. The PH was ranging in the 8.5x area and has...
  3. F

Just tried the Aptasia X

I hit about 40 ap's with the Aptasia X formula today and if early estimates are accurate.... I'm gonna buy stock in it! The ap's don't pull away and they take it right in. We'll see if they come back but it doesn't look possible at this point. Some of them even released and were rolling...
  4. F

Acro crab.. good or bad?

Just saw a little crab on one of my acro' corals. No bigger than an eraser head on a pencil. Is this little guy ok or do I need to get him out of there? Thanks,
  5. F

Group Hypo' Therapy

Well, it took me a year and a half in this hobby but I finally screwed up big time. I have been so careful to keep ich out of my tank by hypo treatment with nearly every fish I've added since I'm keeping tangs. I picked up a very healthy looking CBB last week and knowing how delicate they are...
  6. F

Temperature Calibration

One of my biggest pains since getting into this hobby is wondering what the heck my tank temperature is! I'm like the man with two watches who never knows what time it is. :D So I never really trusted the inexpensive thermometers and when I got an ACIII awhile back I knew that finally I had...
  7. F

Fish Killer is Caught! I win! New better pics

After much trial and error with different methods of unsuccessfully trying to catch my killer crab, I went swimming today (nearly) with my fish and gave it the "hands on" approach! I've been so frustrated with this crab who until recently was a good citizen except for moving stuff around a bit...
  8. F

PowderBlue fin rot? I hope not...but

This just showed up today. He seems to prefer not to use the fin. There is also a small bit on the opposite fin. Thoughts and ideas appreciated. Thanks
  9. F

I have a craving for CRABMEAT!

Well my suspicions have been confirmed. The rogue crab that I got as a hitchhiker when I brought home some rock last year is a killer. He is extremely reclusive and I rarely see him. I've also tried to catch him numerous times. A couple of weeks ago my Randal's Goby disappeared. My other one...
  10. F

Cheato' health and care

So I've added macro to my sump about three months ago (at least) and haven't really seen any growth to speak of. The cheato' is looking healthy and green all around. It's just not large enough yet to 'help' clean up the excess I suppose. I've heard that once established, a macro fuge' will...
  11. F

Triggerfish compatables

Seeking a species to be compatable with a Humu humu, Picasso triggerfish. A fish no more than 6" or 8" max full grown. Whadya think?
  12. F

SRBTA split! Pics included now

My first SRBTA has split! I was wondering if it could get any bigger before doing so. It was regularly 12 inches or more across. Now I have two that are 8" and took no time to start growing again. Thought I would sell one but wifey says "NO" I like 'em. So I guess I'll have to wait for the...
  13. F

PC light strobing

My actinic on one side had begun strobing (flashing) so I replaced the bulb. It's been good for a couple of weeks and just started strobing again. Is this a common failure? Any thoughts here? Thanks,
  14. F

Nori

Where's a good place for a regular supply of Nori? And is that a nickname for a longer version or what would I be looking for? Thanks,
  15. F

Tank is out of whack and I don't know why.... hmmm

Some zoos have been closed up for a couple of weeks. Others are doing great. One of my SPS began bleaching from the bottom up so I fragged off all I could that was still colored to try and save some of it. Monti cap looks like it has a whitish film on it and is unhealthy. Leathers are...
  16. F

Using "Old Water" okay or not?

I use a 55g drum for holding my newly mixed saltwater. However, that water can sit for a month before I finish it all. Do you think there is any problem with using that water for changes after it's been sitting for awhile? Thanks,
  17. F

Marc! Hows the CBB doing!?

Just wondering what you are doing to feed and take care of this species. I know they're supposedly a difficult fish to manage but they sure are tempting!
  18. F

Brooding Cardinals

I was taking down my 46g tank until I noticed yesterday that my PJ cardinal looked like he had a mouthful of..... hmm... something. I'm pretty sure I've got eggs being brooded by him. If this is the case, I curious about following through with raising them "in tank". There are no other fish...
  19. F

Algea Cuke'

I got this while visiting with Robert tonight. Looks like he's got an algea eating cucumber!
  20. F

Blonde Naso vs Naso differences

How would you tell the two apart as Juvi's? Not sure I'd recognize differences as adults either. Is one a more sought after fish than the other?