Feeding a large Trigger

Hey guys,

I have recently aquired (about 3 months ago) a Blue Throat Trigger about 9 inches long in excellent health. I have noticed that his topline right above his eyes and back to the dorsal have been shrinking in size somewhat. Going from a nice full convex curvature to much less than a full curve. I'm wondering if I'm not feeding him enough. Is this is a volume issue or something else.

This being the first fish of this size that I've had I would like some advice on a normal healthy diet for this type and size of fish.

Thanks,

Eric

How much are you feeding him? I feed my triggers twice a day sometimes three a diet if mysis cubes x1, brine shrimp cubes x2, veggie cubes x1, and most of the time they eat the enriched live shrimp that I feed my lionfish. Sometimes ill throw a uncooked soaked jumbo shrimp, about 3inches, for them to go savage on. My triggers arent quite that size yet but they eat alot already. Mine are 2 Nigers about 3-4 inches, 1 Niger about 4-5 inch, 1 picasso about 2-3 inch, 1 Undulate about 4-5 inch. Ive seen a 12inch titan trigger eat 3/4 of a pound of uncooked shrimp so they can put quite a bit away at a sitting. The other reason for it shrinking like that could be parasites as Ive seen them do that in response to the parasites.

losing fat around the eye can be a sign of malnutrition but as catfisht says, it could be internal parasites or something like that causing it.

Thanks guys. I'll start feeding more and see how it goes. I've been letting him share meals but I think I'll spot feed him with a couple extra cubes just for him for awhile as well as random feeding.

I'm restocking today and will get some. Previously tried it but it was a little big for him. Or he was too passive about it. He eats very well on frozen now so it shouldn't be a problem. Still pumping chow into him as I can!