Just tried the Aptasia X

I hit about 40 ap's with the Aptasia X formula today and if early estimates
are accurate.... I'm gonna buy stock in it! The ap's don't pull away and they take it right in.

We'll see if they come back but it doesn't look possible at this point. Some of them even released and were rolling around on the bottom; white and very dead looking. I sure like the apparent results so far!

I also used it on some mojo and other pest zoo's. They look dead as well.

We'll see....

I got some of this from Red Sea as part of their donation to the test kit project but haven't used it yet. Didn't even open the boxes. Have you used the others like Joes and Blue lifes products that seem to be kalk based? If so, how does the fluid compare and ease of use? I always end up with clogged applicators.

Did you get it locally, and where? I read something recently about this product and it looked promising. Sounds like you had a good experience.

I have a few in my Nano that I want to obliterate but with the rics and suncorals need to be extra careful.

After using these products, I had to keep doing it to the little ones that popped up out of nowhere.

I went to Lewisville LFS, and purchesed 5 peppermint shrimp, and ALL of the pests disapeared in like 3 days!

LOVE my peps!!!

I agree peps are great for the smaller ones. However they will not touch the larger of the aptaisia in my nano. Those need another form of treatment.

maybe I got lucky, but I had several about the size of a silver dollar, they wiped them out as well.

good to hear about the med working though!!

I saw a thread here and picked it up online at Marine Depot. The
shipping was almost as much as the product but if it worked I
figured it was well worth it. So far its money well spent.

My "peps" don't seem to be doing it for me so I had to go this route.

Okay.. trying this today myself.

First off, you should buy this product simply to get the applicator... its actually SS, not that plastic thing that gets clogged easily.

Size of bottle... at least 2x as big as Joes or SPS product.

Everything in the bottle dissolves into solution, unlike the other two mentioned above that end up with custard at the bottom.

Easy to apply just like the others.. will report back next weekend with a death count.

The Aptasia is definitely gone with exception of a few I had missed and not seen before. They probably hid but I had so many it was hard to find them all.

The pests ( I think Mojo but not sure could be a form of zoo') seem to be coming back after a long time now.

I plan on getting the remaining few ap's soon. Not to worried about them now because of the huge success of the X formula.

Better that, than the PBITAWA method.

:lol:

I picked up a bottle from Dallas North Aquarium yesturday.
Directions seem simple enough.

turn of pumps and power heads.

inject the evil pests with the mixture

life is good.

Wish me luck....