PowderBlue fin rot? I hope not...but

This just showed up today. He seems to prefer not to use the fin. There is also a small bit on the opposite fin.
Thoughts and ideas appreciated.

Thanks

I can't tell from the picture - and I am by far no expert but I'm pretty sure that fin rot is mostly brought on from stress. How long have you had him? If you had him for a while and this is new, you may want to check your parameters, could be that something is off. Or it could be a long term effect of diet, if so vitamin supplements may help or some additional variety in the diet including some slightly steamed broccoli. BTW it's a beautiful looking fish.

I'm sure others will chime in that know more. Good luck

I've had him for about six months now. He's been very healthy. Just did a water change. I have added a large vase to the tank to catch a killer crab in the last couple of days also. That may have caused some stress as well. I'm more interested in whether this can be identified by someone familiar with it and whether I need to QT immediately or not.

Thanks,

I would say cotton like I believe yes. Although there doesn't appear to be any thickness to it.
I feed Nori every 3 days or so but could step it up a bit. I used to feed it every 2 days but have backed off a bit. No reason really.

I suppose a few more water changes may help maybe? I'll recheck the parm's again as well.

I also feed a variety of frozen cube with Garlic and Zoe.

Thanks,

@Frogspawn wrote:
I also feed a variety of frozen cube with Garlic and Zoe. Thanks said:
Eric -

My PBT has had ICH for a while. It eats like a horse and doesn't seem to mind the ich. I have been switching out garlic soaked pellets and flakes with P.C. Mysis (more nutrients and vitamins) in it.

The frozen food doesn't really hold the garlic. I soak Nori overnight and let it dry out before I attach it to a rock.

Good Luck!