Search results

1. S

Chloroquin Phosphate - anyone have in Plano area?

I am looking for some Chloroquin Phosphate that I could potentially pickup today or tomorrow to help my fish with a velvet outbreak. I have ordered some online, but will be several days until I get it. Please let me know if I can grab some from you. I think I need around 4 grams of it.
  2. S

210g mixing container FS - $50 (must pickup on own in Plano)

I need to get rid of one of my 210g mixing containers. It is about 6 feet tall, and around 2.5 feet wide (NOT exact dimensions, just ballpark). There is a hole cut through near the top, so probably can fill it to around 190g's of water (approximate).$50 - Plano near...
  3. S

Tank disaster has struck - Advice / Help needed

Hi all, First the good news - my first child was born this past Friday (Coralyn), and am greatly enjoying my time as a new parent, regardless of being sleep deprived at the moment! Baby and mother are both doing well. We just got home yesterday from the hospital (no more nurse help...
  4. S

Plano/Frisco - Fish trap needed

Anyone have a fish trap? Need it fairly urgently if so. North Dallas area
  5. S

Black urchin shedding spines

I have a black urchin that just started shedding a lot of his spines, is this a bad sign? He seems alive but isn't walking around. This is probably due to when I downgraded my 46g QT to a 10g... but all 3 of my purple urchins are doing fine still. Any advice?
  6. S

Very thin scratch on outside of glass

I have a very thin scratch on the outside of my tank. Can't even feel it with a finger it is so small. I have tried some of the household methods like toothpaste but had no luck. Has anyone found a trustworthy glass company that has removed small scratches from glass? I am contemplating on...
  7. S

Target feeding SPS question

What is the preferred procedure when target feeding SPS? Or really for any coral type for that matter. I use one of those Kent wand things that suck up mixed-food and then stretches up to 36". Do I just simply spray the coral with this and they will get enough food? Or do I need to get them...
  8. S

Could multiple Blue Tang's go in a 450?

Would it be worth tempting adding 3 or 4 Blue Tang's to a 450g? Or would that just be asking for inevitable fighting even in that much space? I would add them all at the same time regardless. If not 3 or 4, would 2 (non-mated) be ok?
  9. S

Chiller repair in Plano?

Anyone know of a good technician in Plano area (or near) that repairs chillers? I was lucky enough to have my chiller go out on me right as I was leaving on vacation... So next 5 days without my lights running... Maybe the cold front will help!
  10. S

Calcium keeps stopping my Tunze's

I have 4 Tunze 6125's on the back side of my tank. It doesnt take more than a month or two before calcium encrusts around the metal rod and stops the magnet from turning (e.g. zero flow from it). Is there something I can do (or stop doing) that would help this? Or is this just a matter of...
  11. S

Little bugs running around - cruddy pics, please ID

I have all these little black bugs running around my coralline that I can't tell what they are via ID pages or searching. They don't crawl on my coral, just the coralline from what I can tell. I can't get a solid picture of them. They look like Red Bugs but black instead and run really fast...
  12. S

Baby snail infestation!

I have literally thousands of baby snails covering my rocks, coral, etc. Look like Nerite (sp?) snails. Eggs are everywhere as well... Am I SOL on this? I don't want to add a fish that has a taste for snails to protect my adult snails, but am leaning toward rather having none at all if I am...
  13. S

What photo period should I aim for?

I recently switched back to MH (4x 250w radium's w/ magnetic ballasts on my 450g). I only have about 8 frag sized corals (mostly SPS) in my tank, but not much coralline yet*. I have been running my MH's 6 hours per day, and wondering if I should increase that up to 8. I also run 156 watts of...
  14. S

Show me your pictures of DIY MH setups

I am in process of planning for a lighting switch to MH. I have a completely open top tank (e.g. no canopy, just goes up to my ceiling from the top). I plan to setup 4 pendants rather than a hood. Wondering if anyone has any pictures they can share of their MH retro/DIY setups?! Particularly...
  15. S

Foxface's fighting

I have had 2 foxface's for a while now. One has always had its fins beat up pretty bad but hasn't affected his general health or eating. Everyone in the tank for the most part swim peacefully together no problems. After about 6 months of seeing his fins beat up I noticed this morning the other...
  16. S

Sand swap-out - best methods?

So, with the purchase of two MP60's, my sand bed has seen its last day. Hard to believe in so much water content that this is the case. Good powerheads! I am going to switch out to some heavier sand. Someone was recommending Tropic Eden Reeflakes Aragonite Sand recently. Any other...
  17. S

Want to build a weir for non-RR tank, how?

I want to put in a weir to one side of my tank so that I can put equipment in it, kind of like a pseudo overflow and sump. I will have a pump pushing water back to the other side to keep the 'overflow' effect going. So I need to put in either glass or acrylic and then silicone it in place. Is...
  18. S

Skimmer overflowing at top

I have an Octopus skimmer (model 500 or 5000... whichever it is that is made for a 500g+ tank). Lately it has been overflowing out of the cap/top instead of filling up into a separate container via the hole at the bottom of the top where it should drain down a tube. It looks as if the bubbles...
  19. S

Tang scratched itself

I have a tenenti tang in QT (moving to DT on Saturday) and somehow he scratched himself yesterday. It doesn't look too bad but it is obviously bothering him as he is rubbing it on the bottom of the tank (bare glass). What product that fish stores carry would be my best remedy to help sooth him...
  20. S

Blueline making crackling noise

I have a blueline external pump, forgot the model but whichever is around 700gph with 3/4" input and output. It makes a crackling noise when running. Is this normal? The water input is 2" PVC for the first bit and then reduces to 1" for the last 1 foot before getting to the pump where it reduces...