Show me your pictures of DIY MH setups

Spar

Premium Member
I am in process of planning for a lighting switch to MH. I have a completely open top tank (e.g. no canopy, just goes up to my ceiling from the top). I plan to setup 4 pendants rather than a hood.

Wondering if anyone has any pictures they can share of their MH retro/DIY setups?! Particularly interested in seeing how the fans are integrated.

Thanks!

Not sure how you'd do it for 4 pendants. But here's mines I made with conduit. Still needs to be cleaned up/painted. Instead of having it cut off you could probably do one long one and have all 4 mounted on one pole.

8b53ac99.jpg
alt="">
6d6a60b9.jpg
alt="">

If you are just gonna do mh use yoyo hangars you connect them to the reflectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliff I recommend angle aluminum held with rivets (I have a rivet gun you can use). You can build a very light and study frame with that. that is how mine are hung. I would also recommend putting the fans over the sump to evaporate the water to cool not just blow the heat away from the lights, since you have an open area i don;t think that heat will be to much. If you use the lumenbright you mount them pretty far off the water, I have noticed it does not heat the water near as much as my old setup.