Search results

1. A

Returning member saying Hi!

[smilie=hi.gif] Hi! I'm actually an expired old member returning after several years... [smilie=itwasntme.gif] . I do hang out here on the forums reading mostly, and replying to posts now n then, and, just decided to make myself legit...again by renewing my membership! I've been in the...
  2. A

10w LEDs

I got some 10w LEDs, 9 20k and 9 blue for a tank I'm setting up. I ordered the LEDs from china on eBay. I also got 3 12v 5a max power supplies. The lights are 9v 1000ma. So I got 3.3ohm 3w resistors and wired 6 lights per supply with a resistor wired to each. Ive actually got less than 12v...
  3. A

Reef Ready Aquarium

Can someone point me to some stores in the Dallas/ Ft worth and surrounding area's, that have reef ready tanks forsale. Im looking for something in the 80 gal -120gal range. Something with a nice wood stand and canopy. I have already been to DNA last weekend and True perc, Tranquill escapes...
  4. A

Question about live rock

Hey everyone, this board is great and the members always have good advice so I figured I would make use of it. I had some live rock in an aquarium that broke and so I took a hiatus but am now getting back into the wonderful world of salt. So here goes, I had the rock stored in 5 gallon buckets...
  5. A

Need some help please

Hey everyone I've got a problem that started out small and just slowly got out of control. I noticed a while back a red velvety growth in one spot on my sandbed. I didnt thinbk to much of it at first because it was so isolated and didnt seem to get any bigger. However due to a big change in my...
  6. A

Replacing evaporated water question

Ok so from all my reading on here I know to just use ro/di for evaporation replacement. I have my replacement water at the same temp as my tank but had a question about adding it. Is there a best way to do it or just pour it in slowly?? Couldnt find a specific answer on here about this. thanks...
  7. A

Getting pics in my post

Hey Ive read the faq about posting pics but either i havent had enough caffeine to understand it properly or its just a monday. anyway i just cant figure out how to get it to recognize my pics so any help would be great. thanks
  8. A

At what point should I add my cleanup crew??

Just a quick question about at what point i should add my clean up crew to my tank. Just set up a 24 gal nano and wanted to be sure I added them at the appropriate time. Thanks in advance for your help everyone!! :D
  9. A

Converting from fresh to salt and have a couple questions

I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank that I have been running for several years. And wondered if I can convert it into a FOWLR tank with minimal equipment changes? Mostly wanted to know if my current OTB filtration will be sufficient or do I need something better. I know i will need to get some...
  10. A

How many gallons is my tank

How do I figure out the exact gallon size of my tank. I know theres is some kind of calculation I can use
  11. A

how to clean an empty tank

What can I use to clean an empty used tank I just bought
  12. A

who can build tanks

who on the site can build me a custom tank.
  13. A

How to make salt water

Ive heard its better to make your own salt water. Im going to purchase the R/O water from the store then add my own salt. How do I do it thought. Ive heard you have to add the salt a little lower level, then let it sit in a bucket with a pump overnite and as the pump circulates the salt level...
  14. A

found the problem, thanks

I don't really know what it is but i will try to explain it as best as i can. You guys probably asked this before, but i dont know where to start on the research. I've been on the net for hours and can't find a way to figure out what it is. It is really small (1.4-3.5 mm long), rectangular shape...
  15. A

Where to buy good vho actinic blue lights?

I was looking around and i found some for 25 bucks online and 45 bucks at fish stores. I want to buy it locally but the store's prices are too high, does anyone have them for sell or know where to buy them. If they are really cheaper online, then i'll get them. I recently broke mine. Thanks in...
  16. A

Where to buy LIVE sand-New Questions

Hi, i'm looking for about 40 lbs of live sand and don't know where to buy it cheap. Please help me out. Thanks
  17. A

RO/DI QUESTIONS. HAS ANYONE USED THIS BEFORE???

Hi, i had a post about hair algae problem before and think that my ro/di unit wasn't that good. A member show me a link on where to buy ro/di unit. I want a good unit but want to keep the cost as low as possible. Which one do you suggest from this site and have any of you guys used it before, if...
  18. A

NEED HELP: HAIR ALGAE PROBLEM

Hi, i have about 150 lbs of live rock. They started to have hair algae and grew pretty long. I recently took all the LR that had hair algae on them and placed them in a large cooler with a powerhead inside. My tank also has green algae sticking on the side of the glass. If anyone can help me...
  19. A

ID Please

Does anyone know the ID on this stuff? Grows fast looks like Pink Hair, any input welcome,thanks :?
  20. A

coral

Ok, I want to move some button polyps off this crappy rock and some place else. I really need to get my toad stool, devil's hand, mushroom and frogspawn attached to any rock. Here are some pics and please let me know if you have a way to place them on another rock without putting them through...