Reef Ready Aquarium

Can someone point me to some stores in the Dallas/ Ft worth and surrounding area's, that have reef ready tanks forsale. Im looking for something in the 80 gal -120gal range. Something with a nice wood stand and canopy. I have already been to DNA last weekend and True perc, Tranquill escapes, Neptune's Cove. I live in Wichita Falls Texas and there arent any places to find good equipment and tanks....oh except PETCO...(joking). I'm planning on coming back down there Saturday.....i want a new tank....help me find one.

Anyone know of any stores having any good sales? There are a lot of nice shops down your way. Just dont have time to look at all of them to see who has more aquariums in stock. I'm looking for something that's not real tall more length than anything for easier access. Would rather have something in a rustic pine or light oak possibly.

Is it better to go with a sump or a refugium? Im not planning on keeping any sps corals....I was looking at the trigger systems refugium at DNA

I received a postcard from Pet Boutique in Garland. They are having a sale March 4th through the 31st. The add says all aquariums sold at cost and many other items 20 to 50% off. You might want to call the to see what they have. 214 321-1219 and 214 321-1254.

@mike44 wrote:
Is it better to go with a sump or a refugium? Im not planning on keeping any sps corals....I was looking at the trigger systems refugium at DNA said:
Are you planning on any other types of corals and Live Rock? If so I would get a refugium along with a skimmer.

I'm planning making it a reef. I will be putting everything from my 29 gal reef in it. I have all softies and a couple lps...mostly easy stuff. we cant get much selction here. I was shocked when i saw what they offer in the D/FW area. Also im wanting a couple bigger fish. Been reefing around 20 plus years. Had some large tanks at one point. Love the ease of my smaller reef, but corals are so big and i hate to get rid of them. So i will be wanting some nice equipment to make things easier. I really good skimmer is at the top of my list this time and a refugium. I dont know much about either since i have only had DAS tank that were large previously. Currently using a aqua c-remora on my 29gal. I have been buying reverse osmosis water for years and am ready to start looking into making my own. That is one of the beauties of a small tank. Two gallons a week for auto-top is easy. Sorry for rambling on lol

@bfronc1 wrote:
I received a postcard from Pet Boutique in Garland. They are having a sale March 4th through the 31st. The add says all aquariums sold at cost and many other items 20 to 50% off. You might want to call the to see what they have. 214 321-1219 and 214 321-1254. said:
Thanks....i will try there. Now where did i put my gps...gotta love those things

@SaltNewbie wrote:
i know tranquil scapes has some good sales on tanks right now new and used setups. said:
I will check them out again as well. It says on there website they have two stores is that right? I think i went to the one on cooper rd....i think that was it. Is this the store?

@mike44 wrote:
Can someone point me to some stores in the Dallas/ Ft worth and surrounding area's said:
To be honest and not to take business away from any of our vendors. I suggest you just watch the for sale board. You will spend about 50% less buying one from a member.

Agreed to look for a tank for sale here on the boards, you might luck out. As far as LFS go, you could check out Dallas North Aquarium, they always have a large selection of tanks, but you're gonna pay for it... there's also Exotic Aquatics in Plano, last time I was in there I recall they had several nice tanks for sale. Good luck.

Thak you all for all of your help and suggestions...I did find a tank i liked at DNA and purchased it. Its not a extremely large one, But im happy with it. I ended up getting a AGA 75gal RR with oak stand and canopy with a trigger systems refugium. Still need some T5 lights and a skimmer...suggestions for those two items welcome. I started to get the 90gal tank but hated the height...seemed like a pain for ease of maintanence. Yes, i would have loved that brick 150 i seen there, but cost wise and regular upkeep expenses i think i will love this smaller tank just as much. I will need help with all the refugium stuff and how it works. This tank seems huge compared to my 29gal high tank. I must say i went to alot of stores and there were some nice one's with awesome corals and fish, can't wait to go back and buy some nice things after its setup and cycled properly.

What would be a good skimmer for around $300 bucks? Im wanting an in sump skimmer with and opening of about 10"x9.5"....well thats with the lip around the trigger systems refugium where the skimmer goes. Maybe a octopus 160 extreme...im wanting one that handles my tank size at a high load to medium bio-load..what about vertex skimmers? Are they any good.

Also would a 4 light T5 system be enough light for softies and LPS corals and maybe...maybe a small clam. Im talking about a tek light retro or a Icecap T5 retro prewired with individual reflectors....i dont think i can fit more than four lights in a 75 gal canopy. Plus whats the diiference between highout put and very highout put.....would i need that...with just simple softies and few LPS corals. Most likely wont ever do SPS in this small 75 gal tank. Dont plan on buying any high tech stuff for those type corals. Its just going to be an easy to do softie maybe RIC tank with some fish. I like the looks of the soft corals and LPS better. Plus i live in nowhere land with limited stores like petco.