coral

Ok, I want to move some button polyps off this crappy rock and some place else. I really need to get my toad stool, devil's hand, mushroom and frogspawn attached to any rock. Here are some pics and please let me know if you have a way to place them on another rock without putting them through beginner's drama. The toad's stool, frogspawn and devils hand dont want to open up but everything else does. Could this be due to the fact they are not attached to anything and sometimes they get tossed around the aquarium by the powerful powerhead? Anyways any ideas would help. Another thing I was told I could use straight super glue gel from the store is this ok to use?

OoOoo. . OOoo, something I can actually help with!

Yay me. I've finally learned a few things in these past months.

You can remove the buttons with a razor blade, patience and care. You can attach leather with a rubberband, or I use string. String helps you adjust so that it attachest right to your rock rubble, sometimes a rubberband is a bit strong for more delicate corals.

Super Glue Gel is fine, I recommend it specially for the mushrooms. They will just bump around in your tank until they find where they like and attach themselves if you let them. I say glue the toadstool unless it's big then string or rubberband. Same with Devil's Hand.

Frogspawn I don't know about. 3 outta 4 wasn't bad though.

Frogspwan can be attached with epoxy (2 part stuff you mash together, then putty around something) but DO NOT cover the stem, it needs to breathe. Or, you can simply wedge it in a rock.

If you are wanting to split up the frogspawn, a chisel or screwdiriver, and a hammer, right between the "Y" is good.

For fragging Frogspawn and other branching LPS, I prefer to use a Dremel with a cutoff wheel, cut as much as you can where you want the cut, put a screwdriver in the gap you cut, and -POP- it off...