Search results

1. B

3" Juvinile Red Coris Wrasse $30

Have had him for 6 months in my 135.  Sold 135 and only have a 40 which is too small for him and current inhabitants.Caught and ready to go ASAPArlington 76011 8179967418 
  2. B

Left overs for sale

Trigger Crystal 30 Sump-1502x-Phosban Reactors-20 eachArlington 76011
  3. B

3" Juvinile Red Coris Wrasse

Caught and ready to go.  Need gone ASAP $30
  4. B

Magnesium jumped 200 parts after water change

have been using fritz for a few months now and never had an issue until this week.  Water has always been 1360-1400 magnesium, 7.7-7.9 alk and 410-430 calcium.  I've been trying to slowly raising alk to 9 and only been testing alk.  Started losing my huge patch of king Midas zoas and my RBT...
  5. B

Phyto Culture started

Started a culture of phyto from AlgaeBarn and am having crazy results.  The phyto is a mix of nano, ISO, tet, and thal if that matters.  I sterilized everything before starting and am using the same setup that worked for over year.  The only difference is that instead of leaving the caps loose I...
  6. B

Rodi unit leaking

<pre>i have an RODI unit that started leaking from the inlet of the membrane housing.  Replaced the membrane housing and it still leaked.  Replaced the push connect to the membrane housing and it slowed almost to a stop however it is still leaking.  I have used teflon tape with every change and...
  7. B

Vinegar dosing and turning the lights off

On my 135 I have had green hair algae for months and coming and going of diatoms on the sand bed. ?I run carbon and GFO, use ro/di that the filters were just replaced a month ago and tests 0 tds, and have been doing weekly 20% water changes. ?I started vinegar dosing and am on week 3 day 2, but...
  8. B

How to seal RO/DI line hole in mixing container

In my mixing container I have 1/4 line running straight into it without a float valve and for convenience I am installing one. ?Since I need to raise the hole for the float valve so I can get my exact 25 gallons I am going to have the first hole still. ?Its purely cosmetic but I do not want to...
  9. B

Pool Supply Chlorine test kits

Can I use pool chlorine strips to see if my rodi is inadequate for chlorine & chloramine removal? Are they sensitive enough to pick up the slightest trace? ?
  10. B

Skimmer going nuts after using RedCyano RX and 25% water change

Last week I added 24 drops of Blue Life USA Phosphate RX in my 40 gallon tank like any other time. Did a 10 gallon water change on Sunday and plugged the skimmer back in on Monday. ?Skimmer immediately started foaming like crazy that it filled the cup in seconds. ?It is a Reef Octopus 110-int...
  11. B

DIY algae scrubber light

So I've finally built an algae scrubber that's cost me about 5 bucks but I don't know what type of light I should use. I want to find something that I don't need a separate stand for and there's really no place to clamp it to also. I have this temporary lamp sitting on my mixing container but...
  12. B

Acrylic repair

I got an old Seachem Prism Deluxe skimmer that has started to leak at the seam. I've got it dialed in perfectly and don't want to spend the money to get another slim HOB skimmer so I need to repair it. Who is the closest acrylic tank/container maker to 30 & 360? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. B

Pest algae in refugium

Over the past month or so I've had an enormous amount of cyano growing over my caulerpa in my refugium but nothing in the display. Although many would say as long as it's not in the display its fine however something is wrong or it wouldn't be growing at all. Tank is a 135 with trigger crystal...
  14. B

Acclimation is a myth? Maybe

I did a water change on Sunday and changed my filter sock with it. Put the sock sit in a bucket of fresh water I use to rinse equipment after scrubbing and cleaning in the sink. Forgot about it until today and started rinsing the sock and noticed a shell from what I thought was a crab and...
  15. B

New to horses

Kids bought an Aqueon 29 gallon tank and 20lbs of sand. I am using a Prism HOB skimmer, Current USA 2x18w T5 light with actinic bulbs, and (what I'm worried about) MJ600 with an old filstar spray bar. I'm worried that it's not enough flow for the tank. I also have a MJ1200 if the 600 doesn't...
  16. B

Low PH

I just got my water tested by Oceans Avenue and Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate are 0, Phosphate is .25 and PH was 7.3. It usually swings from 7.8-8.2 without a reverse lighting schedule. Last time I tested Calcium was 420 and DkH was 11. The only 2 things that have changed are 1)added Seachem...
  17. B

AquaFX Mako 5 Stage RO/DI

I have the above unit that had filters replaced maybe 2012 but moved in 2013. Just started using it again and having problems. TDS meter screen was only working at an angle so I replaced the batteries but turned the tuning dial. Now it reads ~117 in and ~147 out. Also the psi gauge is...
  18. B

Anemone ID help

Friend said he was going to flush this anemone since he couldn't find anyone to take it, so I took him. Said he is a long tentacle but I think it's a condy. Could someone help me out as the web similar looking ID as both. The first image is after introduction and second is the day after...