Low PH

Bangemslim

Membership Expired
I just got my water tested by Oceans Avenue and Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate are 0, Phosphate is .25 and PH was 7.3. It usually swings from 7.8-8.2 without a reverse lighting schedule. Last time I tested Calcium was 420 and DkH was 11.

The only 2 things that have changed are 1)added Seachem PhosGuard and 2)stopped dosing calcium.

Apartment is buttoned up for summer. Power heads are pointed upwards causing quite a bit of ripple but I seriously think it's an over abundance of CO2. I was thinking of kalkwasser and finding a way of running skimmer air intake outside. Is this a good start? If not what's my best bet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalkwasser will raise calcium, but also raise your Alk, which is already a little too high so I'd be careful. Why so high btw, are you dosing Alk even though you stated you have stopped dosing calcium?
Some people have had success bringing in outdoor air into their skimmer and it will help raise pH. I'd watch it closely in the warmer months if you do decide to go that route. Warmer air being brought into the loop will raise water temps.

@Mike R wrote:
Kalkwasser will raise calcium said:
I thought kalkwasser only raised calcium and buffered PH but that's why I ask. I assumed my alkalinity was high from the calcium dosing. Other than that I have no clue why it's that high. As for the warm air I have a chiller but would prefer not to have it run at all. What would you suggest?

If it helps at all the tank is a 135 with a 36 gallon sump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll need to get your dkh down but you could try a buffer. There are several marine buffers that will increase the ph to the desired level but they also increase hardness. Just a thought. Good luck.