Vinegar dosing and turning the lights off

Bangemslim

Membership Expired
On my 135 I have had green hair algae for months and coming and going of diatoms on the sand bed. ?I run carbon and GFO, use ro/di that the filters were just replaced a month ago and tests 0 tds, and have been doing weekly 20% water changes. ?I started vinegar dosing and am on week 3 day 2, but want to turn the lights out for 3-4 days. ?Would this be a problem with pH? ?My low is around 7.8 and high is 8.1-8.2(test does not have specific for between 8 and 8.3 I think). ?Am thinking about getting a CO2 scrubber since my apartment is pretty buttoned up once it gets above 70 outside. ?Is there a trade off with vinegar dosing and CO2 scrubbers that would be beneficial?I feed once a day but smaller amounts then when I did every other day or every three days and just cannot find the source of my problem. ?Phosphate always read 0.03 or lower and nitrates are never above 10. ?There is nothing different with water source, salt, chemistry, food or anything else between my 135 and kids 40. ?Same lights, sumps, cheato, rock, sand, I just do not know

Proper vinegar dosing will decrease nitrate levels by increasing bacterial population, which are then skimmed out removing the nitrate within their cells. The bacteria may also be a good food source for many organisms, including sponges, effectively taking nitrate from the water and incorporating it into the large organisms in the aquarium. The added organic matter can also be used by bacteria growing in low oxygen areas. If you want essay related topic you can go for custom essay writing service will get better result.