How to seal RO/DI line hole in mixing container

Bangemslim

Membership Expired
In my mixing container I have 1/4 line running straight into it without a float valve and for convenience I am installing one. ?Since I need to raise the hole for the float valve so I can get my exact 25 gallons I am going to have the first hole still. ?Its purely cosmetic but I do not want to keep a small 1/4 line there with a cap. ?I was looking at the BRS 1/4 push connect bulkhead adapter for reference View attachment 362 but I am looking for something completely sealed.

Where is the hole closer to top or bottom?You could tape the outside and silicone from inside. Then maybe find a small piece of flat flexible plastic/rubber and silicone that over the hole inside...That bulkhead is not going to seal the hole because no gasket. Even if you go get one that fits, it will still need silicone on the inside. I would only get it if your going to use the connection.

Its going to be about 1/2" below. ?Was thinking something made for the application but if I cannot find something I will likely keep the line there and just use the cap(won't be under the water line). ?Do you think there is some sort of plug that would fit? ?Kind of like the patch you were describing?

If only 1/2" from the top I would just use that hole for your float valve and use to fill your container. If you do want to fill it, the hardware store might have some rubber plugs that will work and you could silicone one in.View attachment 371

If the mixing container is plastic I wouldn't bother with the silicone. ?Putting in a bulkhead and threading is the most attractive option that comes to mind. ?A grommet of some variety with a plug cut flush might look slightly better, but is more work.

Chris, I was at Home Depot when I read your reply and that is a very attractive, inexpensive solution. ?Closest store that had them in stock though was 10 miles. ?Will be checking other stores thanks. ??Jccaclimber, it is a rubbermaid brute 32. ?I was thinking about some sort of bulkhead and plug to make it appealing but I am not sure there are bulkheads that small. ?I could always drill a bigger hole and plumb it for my pump when I make it a stationary mixing jug. ?Right now its on casters since I am in an apartment and do not have the space just yet, too many tanks/cages.

If I remember correctly those are polyethylene. ?Possible to glue to it with some expensive uncommon adhesives, but otherwise uniseals/bulkheads are the main option.

Posted by: JB???Jccaclimber said:
A bigger bulkhead with a plug would solve the problem, and yet be useable later if you wanted to use it for a pump in the future.