Search results

1. A

Its been a LONG time!

Hello everyone! I have been away for years and was wondering who was still here from the old days.   I still have my 365 setup sitting dry in my game room and am ready to do something with it or sell it off.   So....whos here?  :)
  2. A

Need ID please

I had an outbreak of something red going across my sand bed and assumed it was cyano. On my last water change. I avccuumed it out only to have it reappear Now it is working its way up my rock work and isny slowing down. Recently, I took a close up look at it and it looks like some sort of tiny...
  3. A

Algae in prop tanks - I need a solution

I am having hair alge problems in the prop section of my system. The biggest problem area is the egg crate. Snails dont clean it and crabs just fall through.only take a is growing up onto the frags. What does everyone to do keep the algae at bay?
  4. A

Anyone know of a good stand and canopy buider?

I am STILL looking for someone to build my stand and canopy. Does anyone know a good one please?
  5. A

Need to borrow a large koi holding tank.....

Does anyone have a large Rubbermaid or similar tank that I can borrow? I am planning on rebuilding my koi pond and need a temporary home for them while construction is going on. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! :)
  6. A

Need Help Moving New Tank

Hello, I am picking up my new tank, possibly on Saturday. The time will be somewhere around 10 am at my house in east Plano. At this point I am looking for ~5-6 people, but wont knwo for sure until I hear back from others about the availablilty for that day. Anyone available...
  7. A

Reeflux 12K's anyone?

I am currently running 3 400W Reeflux 10K's. The color is very white and I would like a little more blue. I have heard some people say that the 12K's are comparable to 20K's, so I wanted to hear some first hand opinions. Also I am using Icecap electronic ballasts. Anyone running this setup?
  8. A

My most recent addition

I just thought I would share a picture of my newest coral. I have been looking for an out of the ordinary green Cynarina and finally found one.
  9. A

Refratometer Calibration Help

I read a couple of other threads on how to calibrate a refratometer. So I bought some of the 53.0ms conductivity solution and attempted to correct mine. On my refractometer it has 2 scales: one for d20/20 on the left and one for 0/00 on the right. I am assuming that the 0/00 is the same as PPT?
  10. A

OK, how did you guys do that?

I have noticed that several people of this board have there tank parameters from the controllers listed on their signature lines. I think that is a great idea. When you go out of town, all you have to do is log onto this site and see that everything is OK. How do you do this?
  11. A

**Updated with pics**Who can build a metal light hood?

As th topic states, I am looking for someone to build an enclosed light hood made from sheet metal. I have contacted several that I have found in the yellow pages, but none have panned out. Any ideas?
  12. A

Look what I found in my Monti

I bought this ecrusting montiopra a month or so ago and noticed there were lots of holes in the rock and the coral itself. After inspection I found nothing. But yesterday, this is what I discovered. :shock:
  13. A

ID Anyone?

I just noticed this yellow material starting to cover my rocks. I have not noticed it before today and now it is in at least 3 places. My first thought was that it was a sponge, but it appeared quickly and is filamentous. Any ideas?
  14. A

Anyone switched from XM to Reeflux?

It is time to replace my bulbs again, so I am conseidereing a change. I recently went to visit a another member's tank (Servo) and was very impressed with the color of the sps corals. I have been running 250W XM's for about 3 years and have been happy with them. I originally chose them because...
  15. A

Is there any hope for these cup corals?

I've had the pagoda cup for 6+ years and the yellow cup for 2+ years. About 3 months ago, the tissue started to recede and algae took its place. Any ides on how to save them?
  16. A

Can you ID this creature?

I just caught this tomight. It was being throwns around in the water column. Anyone want to take a shot? Man it amazes me to see the things that just seem to appear in your tank. Especially the thought that these things may have been in there for years undetected.
  17. A

Difference between Starfire and normal glass for shielding?

I need to buy a piece of glass to enclose my lighting canopy. I was just going to get a normal piece of glass cut to size. Then I looked at it from the side and saw how green it was. I then asked the man if he could get Starfire. The price for plain glass was $58 and the Starfire is $210! My...
  18. A

Anyone runnung 250HQI Bal & XM mogul bulbs?

I have been running 3 250XM single ended bulbs powered by 3 PFO 250W magnetic ballasts. It is now time to replace the bulbs and I was thinking about a change. I was considering going with the PFO HQI ballast and sticking with the mogul bases. In looking at Sanjay' Reef Lighting Info Pages, this...
  19. A

Question about glass shielding

I currently have a light canopy that holds 3 halides. The shielding that encloses the canopy is a 6' piece of acrylic. My current 250W bulbs have started melting the acrylic just below each bulb. I am currently looking to upgrade to an even brighter bulb and am considering replacing the acrylic...
  20. A

WOW! RC's Feb Tank of the Month

This one incredible tank. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/totm/index.php