Anyone know of a good stand and canopy buider?

@afishfanatic wrote:
I am STILL looking for someone to build my stand and canopy. Does anyone know a good one please? said:
scott comstock [smilie=wink.gif]

I found a guy out of Ft. Worth that is building me a new canopy for my 90-gal. He will be picking up my current canopy this weekend and should have my new one to me by mid next week. I will let you know once I receive it.

@kuyatwo wrote:
[I]@afishfanatic wrote:[/I][quote="I am STILL looking for someone to build my stand and canopy. Does anyone know a good one please? said:
scott comstock [smilie=wink.gif]"]

Thanks Pampee. I didnt know he was still building them.

@ctaylor81 wrote:
I found a guy out of Ft. Worth that is building me a new canopy for my 90-gal. He will be picking up my current canopy this weekend and should have my new one to me by mid next week. I will let you know once I receive it. said:
Thanks Chance

@96gts wrote:
[I]@afishfanatic wrote:[/I][quote="I am STILL looking for someone to build my stand and canopy. Does anyone know a good one please? said:
Are you looking for wood or metal stand? You can try contact Rodney at My Exotic Fish, he has a guy that's building wood stand and canopy for him."]

I have a steel stand now. What I need is a wood "skin" built around it and a lighting canopy. Thanks! [smilie=smile.gif]

@96gts wrote:
Just curious if you already have the stand why would you say you still looking for someone to build you a stand and canopy?"]

Well I guess I should have said that i am still looking for someone to build a cabinet or "skin" around my stand and canopy. I contacted the people that were referred to me when I first started the thread (which is now split by a mod for some reason), but all of them flaked on me after coming over to take measurements. I guess it is more than they can handle. [smilie=lol.gif]

Try Dan Turner with DCT Woodcrafts
http://dctwoodcraft.com/dallas-wood-cabinet/

My project was not skinning a metal stand but it was unique that he was matching existing cabinets and closing in my aquarium in a space that was originally for a TV. Here is my build thread to see before and after. viewtopic.php?f=100&t=29840&hilit=+stand

Make sure you call and not send an email as that seems to work best.

A follow up call may not hurt. He does good work. I seem to remember it was sometimes hard to get in touch with him.

Thats too bad. You would think that if he came out to make measurements he would be committed to do the job. I wonder if you contacted some of the Aquarium stores if they would be able to help you out. I would contact Aquarium Environments (Fish Gallery) http://www.aquariumenvironments.com/ and see if they can help you.

Following up with you since I received my new canopy I had built. The builder did not listen very well and did not make it the right height. I would have been ok if he had made it too short, but it is 4" taller than I told him I wanted when he was at my house taking measurements. I had him use the top of my old canopy and the bottom trim, so my old canopy is practically useless now. It doesn't look that bad, just too dang tall for my tastes. Oh well, guess I'll have to get used to it.

I guess the search shall continue...