**Updated with pics**Who can build a metal light hood?

afishfanatic

Membership Expired
As th topic states, I am looking for someone to build an enclosed light hood made from sheet metal. I have contacted several that I have found in the yellow pages, but none have panned out. Any ideas?

You could make one yourself with a pop rivet gun. There are several members on here that have done that - Ryan/Servo is one I believe.

isnt there someone on the board that welds metal stands..might want to do a search for him....then get it powder coated it that will look good in my opinion

@kuyatwo wrote:
isnt there someone on the board that welds metal stands..might want to do a search for him....then get it powder coated it that will look good in my opinion said:
Yeah, Brent Higa - tube steel would be a bit heavy tho. Most light frames that I've seen are angle irons riveted together.

Are you looking for a finished metal look or just a rack? If you are just looking for a light rack then you are more then welcome to come look at mine for ideas, I just used tube and angle aluminum. About $100 in aluminum, and some rivets.

This is a picture of my current hood. I would like the same thing, but big enough to house the Luminarc's I just bought. :D

My current hood is made from aluminum. Being that it is 6 feet long, it will be hard to work with. That being said, I would like to find someont to build it for me. I also need it powder coated. Anyone know someone in the businiess that could do this?

You might talk to Les (bluewater) to see if he can help you.