Search results

1. H

Livestock for sale

Powder Blue Tang 4" $50 Midas Blenny 4" $30 Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse 2.5" $40 Flame Hawk 2.5" $25 Red and Green BTA 4" $60   Livestock in good health and can get you more photos if needed. Located in South Arlington. Feel free to text me at 214-697-2590
  2. H

Livestock for sale - duplicate posting

Duplicate post on accident
  3. H

Juvenile Orange Shoulder Tang

~4 inch Juvenile Orange Shoulder Tang, SOLD    
  4. H

75 Gallon Build

Well, I'm moved to Florida and settled in, and decided I would go back to where it all started... a 75 gallon. I haven't got much done yet other then drilled the tank for a glass-holes threejole, a 3/4 return line, and I'm currently working on the stand. I should have doors built, stand painted...
  5. H

MP40 Wet Side Rebuild kits

I have a pair of MP40wes wet sides that could use a rebuild as they're starting to make a little noise. I thought vortech sold maintenance kits on their website, but I can't find them. Did they stop selling them when they released the quiet drive?
  6. H

Cryptic Zones in Sump

Does anyone here have any experience with cryptic zones/areas? Do you notice any real benefits from it? I have a large area in my sump with lots of wasted space where I could easily set something like this up. Any tips/pointers would be helpful too. Thanks, Heath
  7. H

120 Planet Aquariums Rimless Build

The old 120 leaked, and I decided to replace it with the same size tank so I could keep from having to upgrade all my equipment. I picked up the tank friday, and then plumbed it with the help of member FatWrasse on saturday (actually, he did most of the plumbing). Today I finished adding sand...
  8. H

Tank is leaking, gonna need a new one.

My tank decided to leak tonight, and Im not interested in getting it repaired. Its a 48x24x24 brick style tank and I'm likely going to replace it with the same so I can keep the same stand and canopy. I dont really need or want anything fancy, but I do want something reliable considering this...
  9. H

Suggestions on a new skimmer?

The pump on my current skimmer is taking a dump, and I dont think it's worth it to buy a new pump since I've always felt the skimmer was a little undersized for my tank. Im debating between the Vertex Omega 150 and the Reef Octopus Diablo XS 160. They both use the same pump, but it looks like...
  10. H

Question for the calcium reactor people

Im finally getting to the point where it would make sense for me to finish setting up my calcium reactor, and the last part I need is a pressure regulator/solenoid. There are several brands available like Milwaukee, Reef Fanatic, Tunze, and the planted aquarium digital bubble counter thingy. I...
  11. H

Anyone keeping ORA Grube's Gorgonian?

Ive wanted one since ORA announced they would be offering it. Hopefully someone has some experience with it.
  12. H

Who keeps Goniopora?

I have had my Goni for about a year now, and while I no longer directly feed it, part of my fish feeding regimin is cyclop-eze and it probably picks up some of the food while its being blown around. I keep it on the sand bed in a "medium" flow spot. All in all, this coral has been very forgiving...
  13. H

Low Alk issues.

Ok, here it goes, the thread I didn't want to make. My alkalinity is currently low, none of my corals are struggling at the moment, but its not right and its bothering me. Alk- 6.7 dkh Salifert pH-7.8-8 API Calc-460 API Mag- 1400 ELOS Im using B-Ionic alkalinty solution to try and raise it, but...
  14. H

Breeding Hippocampus Zosterae (Dwarf Seahorse )

Topic Stickied
  15. H

Sponges from... thin air?

I bought a bunch of dry BRS pukani LR for my 120, and refrained from using any LR from my 75. The BRS rock had tons of dead stuff in it, but thats just it, it was very dead. The rock arived dry, and sat around for 3 months before ever going back in water. Where did they come from? Everything...
  16. H

Violent tendencies, my yellow tang.

I added a pair of gold banded maroon clowns, and as soon as I did, my yellow tang started trying to slap at the clowns with the spine in his tail fin. The clowns have been good citizens and dont provoke him, and this has been going on now for 3 weeks. No one has been injured, but its only a...
  17. H

Beating a dead horse- heaters

what are you using, and how happy are you with it? Also, is there a rule of thumb on watts per gallon? I plan on having these running off a controller, but dont want to have to worry about throwing current in the tank or outright failing. Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  18. H

Ozone

Does, or has, anyone here used an ozone generator on a reef tank? Did you like it? If not, why? I have done some light reading on it, and it seems like a good solution to keeping water clean and clear. At this point, I am little confused on how to tie this in with my skimmer. BRS sells an all...
  19. H

120 gallon DAS, Gone forever

Its going to be slow. I am in and out of travel to Israel, but I am trying to move through this as fast as possible. The tank before I started on the rock background and after I had been tinkering with it a little. alt=""> The sand I will be using, all 160lbs of it. I think this will be nice...
  20. H

Flame Hawkfish

Maybe I am just asking for trouble, but I really want a flame hawkfish when I get my other tank running. In it, will be my fiancees favorite invert, quagmire the cleaner shrimp. I dont think she would forgive me if the hawk ate him. What are my chances of making this work?