Ozone

Heath

Membership Expired
Does, or has, anyone here used an ozone generator on a reef tank? Did you like it? If not, why?

I have done some light reading on it, and it seems like a good solution to keeping water clean and clear. At this point, I am little confused on how to tie this in with my skimmer. BRS sells an all in one setup for about 400 bucks, and was wanting to incorporate this on my next tank.

Yea, I remember reading that.

To be perfectly honest though, I am not worried about that happening.

Ozone if used in proper amounts and in conjuction with an ozone reactor, and carbon (excess) can be very effective in Reef tanks. As you probably read, ozone is not safe to humans so precautions need to be taken.

nice post guys as you know i am in the middle of a build and have a ozo tech 150 i was also wondering? i know that 300 on ORB is a good range for ozone it pulls into the venturi on the skimmer til orb reads 300 dose it need a air pump and a air drier pre or post impot/out put i have an apex 3 pro with lab orb probe. DennisF we talked about it some at the tank move, maybe you can call so we can figure it out ?

thanks
sorry to derail/hog your thred
curt