Search results

1. N

Automatic water change and more

Item 1Automatic water change system - $300includes 50 gallon mix station with pan world pump, liter meter 3 with extra pump (pump a I used for new saltwater and pump b to take water out). This is a continuous waterchange system. I had mine setup to take out 5 gallons a day and replace 5.  Item...
  2. N

45 Cube complete setup with Apex

I am looking to sell my 45 Gallon setup that I have broken down. It was originally setup as a Anenome/Clown only tank. My asking price is $750 total. This includes everything below.* 45 Cube with Stand (black). Custom drilled for 700 GPH glass-holes...
  3. N

Fish emergency...need trap and maybe some qt help

Well for the first time in over 10 years I have had my first outbreak of ich and its so far horrible. I have qt'ed and my last addition to the tank still brought something in. I have lost 8 fish so far and what remains are my older fish I have had for over 5 years. I was hoping I could find...
  4. N

MTC Skimmer review

Not a full blown review but I figured I would post my thoughts on this skimmer. First some background. I recently upgraded to a 255g tank. I banged my head over and over trying to find a skimmer to match my new system. I needed something strong so most of the options that I looked at were $800...
  5. N

Any electricians here?

So with the new tank build I want to get a dedicated circuit run to the room. I have zero experience with this but I am willing to help where I can and pay someone to do it. I live in a two story house and the new circuit needs to be on the first floor. The panel is in the garage and the room...
  6. N

Steel stand with Skin..need builder

Hey guys, I am in the middle of a project to build out a new tank. One area I am looking for is someone to build me a steel stand with a skin. Can anyone recommend someone in the DFW area that can do this work?
  7. N

anyone around here do beananimals?

I am looking for someone to design a bean animal overflow for a small tank I am setting up for frags. Any idea what shops around dallas or members that do this?
  8. N

is this dinoflagellates?

Ok this stuff is ticking me off. I thought it was cyano so I took action last month and did lights out for 3 days and water changes. I thought it worked but the next day it came back. The water changes do nothing...in fact it seems to make it worse at times. Here is a video I took of it...
  9. N

changing sand...anyone with experience?

Ok so the sugar fine sand I have is driving me crazy. I am thinking about changing it out for some coarser. Here is what I am thinking. Change it out in sections over the coarse of 2-3 weeks. I think I can remove about 75% of it but want to be careful Round the live rock. Has anyone here done...
  10. N

Anyone else get there apex fusion beta invite?

I got mine a few days ago. I love how easy it is to program my LED lights. I plan to get the module to control my MP40's soon.
  11. N

Rbta dying? Please help

I know you guys prob get this question often but hey here is another one. First some background. Got this rbta 2 weeks ago. He stayed out for a week then decided to move 5 days ago. He stayed put in the next spot for two days then my clowns noticed him and went at it. He seemed to do fine but...
  12. N

starfish eating zoa

Three weeks ago I added 4 different types of zoa to my tank. They were very healthy.Two weeks ago one small colony just disappeared. I noticed a small starfish on the plug but didn't really think much about it. Tonight I caught one of the starfish in the act on my utter chaos. Same type if...
  13. N

rodi storage help

Ok so I am sure this has happened to others. I am prone to starting rodi water and forgetting. So I did it today and had a small amount of water on the floor. No damage but a very annoyed wife. So I wanna have a way to store water that is simple and on demand. I was thinking I could get one of...
  14. N

Is this crab reef safe? id please

[I was taking photo's today of some of my sps. While zooming in I noticed a neat little crab lodged in one of my sps's. So I managed to get him out and decided to throw him in a cup of water untill I can find out if he is reef safe. Anyway here are two pics of him. Note the small size. He also...
  15. N

New pics from my new camera..and a question

[Ok I just got a Nikon 4300. Awesome awesome camera. Check this out: alt=""> This pic was taken in macro mode outside the glass with no Flash. Keep in mind that I haven't got a tripod yet so the pic is a little shaky. Ok now for the question. How do some of you guys get the pics that you do...
  16. N

New sump with refugium made by marc

[Ok I finally got around to installing my sump that Marc made for me. Here is a picture of it in action: alt=""> I am still waiting for my remora HOT Pro to come in. Once that is in I will install it to where the waterflows in. Now I got one quick question. I went to every lfs around...
  17. N

Lighting for 50gallon reef

[Ok guys, I am sure everyone here has come close to pulling out all there hair when trying to decide on proper lighting for a reef tank. I am having Marc build me a sump and I am pretty well covered on everything else. So with that in mind what do you guys suggest? I am looking to spend no...
  18. N

What is this?

[I'm sure you guys like to try and figure out what is in your tank growing on live rock. Anyway I picked this piece of live rock with shrooms up about 2 weeks ago. The reason I liked the rock so much was actually because of all the weird stuff growing on it. It has probally 20+ small feather...