Any electricians here?

natas

Membership Expired
So with the new tank build I want to get a dedicated circuit run to the room. I have zero experience with this but I am willing to help where I can and pay someone to do it. I live in a two story house and the new circuit needs to be on the first floor. The panel is in the garage and the room for the new circuit is almost a straight shot from the panel.

So any local members willing to help or recommend an electrician that isn't going to charge an arm and a leg for this? I am in Flower Mound.

Honestly my advice is to get it done by a professional. You will likely need to pull a permit and you want the liability protection a professionals insurance will provide for electrical work of this nature. The actual pull and hookup is NOT that difficult really, the work is straight forward, but if anything goes wrong you'll thank yourself by doing it right. This is not like running pvc plumbing etc... Cheap and smart do not always go hand in hand.....

Just wanted to give a quick update.

My father in-law came by and helped me out. He was an electrician back in his younger years. He noticed on the opposite wall was my laundry room. We have a dedicate 20AMP circuit for the dryer that is not being used. We use the 220V instead for the dryer. So last weekend we cut a new hole in the fish room and piggy backed off the 20AMP dedicated circuit. So that worked out really well. I now have the 20AMP and a normal 15AMP. I plan to run the chiller and a few items on the 20AMP and the rest on the 15 AMP.