New sump with refugium made by marc

natas

Membership Expired
[Ok I finally got around to installing my sump that Marc made for me. Here is a picture of it in action:

full_211_p8880.jpeg
alt="">

I am still waiting for my remora HOT Pro to come in. Once that is in I will install it to where the waterflows in.

Now I got one quick question. I went to every lfs around carrollton/dallas I could find and asked for Caleurpa. None of the stores had it in stocked. But one store told me this Micro algea will work just fine for my setup. Do you guys think this is ok? Here is the picture of the Micro-algea...I forgot the exact name of it:
full_211_p8879.jpeg
alt="">]

[That is called Red Gracillaria (sp?). If you have any tangs in your tank (or if you will be getting any), most LOVE to eat this stuff and it is VERY good for them nutrient-wise. I actually wish I could find this stuff inexpensively in the area because my tang really likes it (and it's natural and not dried).]

[Looks good. You might move the light over a tad. :)]

[That light is just a temp light untill I get my lazy butt over to home depot to pick up the PC lamp]

[Hi
Cute sump but is that the normall order for the dividers? it looks strange. I was wondering about the size i am setting a new tank and i only have room for 11"lx15"wx12"h sump so I don't know if i can put in a ref that is big enough to do anything..
Joe]

[It is designed rather strangely. He wanted the skimmer in the sump, but there really wasn't any room and still be able to keep a refugium.

Your sump dimensions are very tight as well. It would be near impossible to incorporate a refugium, unless you just wanted a sliver of space to grow a few branches of macro aglae. Now if you plan to keep your skimmer on your tank, you could have your sump basically be a refugium and return.]