Search results

1. C

Turn bus tour nag off

Omg.. every page it pops up. 
  2. C

210 gallon with 45 hex

http://archive.dfwmas.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=131689My new aquarium is finished and I am moving my livestock.I will have this complete setup including:AI lights,Neptune Apex lite, with outlets,Sump,Most of the rock and sand,PM kalkwasser,Skimmer,powerbeads ?and other items.(I am keeping all...
  3. C

Photo's

I must be missing something. This site is "mobile" ?friendly. When I try and upload a picture from my iPhone it says file not allowed. What am I missing. With Tapatalk I clicked and finished and done. It is a shame because ?I could not share my build.
  4. C

Cabo's 375 with 60 Cube

Part 1:http://archive.dfwmas.org/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=132617?
  5. C

Maxspect ethereal vs AI hydra

Has anyone seen the ethereal in person. I am debating on buying them due the low price this weekend on sale versus ai I hydras (. 26 &52). They are under $400 this weekend. Any thought or advise?
  6. C

150 watt hqi and 250 watt

If you own a fixture that is made for a 250 hqi bulb, can you put 150 watt bulb instead if you don't want it that bright. I not sure if that is possible. I would assume yes, my table lamp does not care what watt bulb is in it but it does not have a ballast also. TIA
  7. C

maintenance fish

Is there a list anywhere of maintenance fish, ie which fish eat what pest?
  8. C

Live rock on bare bottom

How many people do or don't put their live rock directly on the glass bottom? What are the pluses or minuses of doing this. The tank I am considering this with has a tempered glass bottom. Thanks for any input.
  9. C

Sump Question

I have a 75 gallon tank with a single overflow. i am trying to design my own sump. My question is how much water should I allow for to return to the sump when the return pump is shut off. I'm sure there are variables but not sure where to start. Don't want do build it then have it overflow...
  10. C

Id Please..what kind of algea or Bacteria?

This is in my frag tank, I remove it manually but it grows really quick. I use GFO an Ro/DI water. Put almost no nutients in the water. It is not in my main tank. It looks red on the outside like cyno but the base is tan like something I have never seen.x 001.jpg
  11. C

Quick Vodka dosing question

I started dosing Vodka last week. I am on day 8 following the instructions from the reference everyone refers to. My question (if it was in the paper i missed it), how do water water changes effect dosing. Example, I dosed this morning and plan a water change this afternoon. Do I need to dose...
  12. C

Dead Coral

I have a question... I have been putting dead coral (dead or broken of pieces that died) in my sump. Am I creating a nitrate sink or will anaerobic (sp?) bacteria colonize the coral. I am not sure if the pores are varied enough... I also had a brain die on me (not the one in my head)and when...
  13. C

Cabo's 210 Gallon Room Divider

Bought this tank from a member last June. Have not documented it to date but I am going to try and start from the beginning. It will take a few days to complete this thread. I had to remove the black paint from the back. I used a warm water and dawn solution with a razor that worked...
  14. C

Acreichthys tomentosus

I added a Acreichthys tomentosus (Seagrass Filefish) to my 210 setup for Majano control. I had them everywhere. i would kill a bunch with Joe's Juice and a week later they would be everywhere again. After adding the Filefish I thought it was a failed experiment. ( I read in one of the hobby...
  15. C

SRBTA Split

Got this Rose from Mickey about 30 days ago...
  16. C

ow do you know if a nem is dead

I just bought a blue carpet nem a week ago. When I got it the sg of the water was 1.15 my tank was 1.24. The ph in the shipping water was 7.6 my taank was 8.15. Trying not to shock him i acclimated him for 6 hours. Put him in the tank and he seemed fine. He never looked great but he...
  17. C

Tube anemone

What is the best way to move a tube anemone. I tried once with a small digging tool but I think all I got was his tube. I got a bunch of slimy stuff but the anemone was not in it. I thought I killed it but 3 days later he was back in his original location and looked healthier than before...
  18. C

Nudibranch ID Please

Is this thing safe for my reef..Just found it last night. It is mostly black with some blue tint. The white stripe on the back opens up more when it is not hit with light. When shining a light it totally closes up. I checked the internet and could not find this guy.
  19. C

My seahorses

I just got 4 new reidi seahorses (2 male, 2 female..I hope) from seahorse source. They are in my new seahorse tank and look to be doing fine...would post pics but misplaced the camera...more to come when I find it. Seahorses arived about 5" in length and a yellowish orange color..one turned...
  20. C

Columbian Shark

I was reading that even though a Columbian Shark (catfish) is sold as a freshwater fish, as it matures it goes to brackish then to saltwater. In fact a lot of people say the have to have the salt to survive well. I have one in my freshwater tank and was thinking of adding him to the salt ( I...