Cabo's 210 Gallon Room Divider

cabo

Membership Expired
Bought this tank from a member last June. Have not documented it to date but I am going to try and start from the beginning. It will take a few days to complete this thread.

I had to remove the black paint from the back. I used a warm water and dawn solution with a razor that worked extremely well.

Below is the tank I purchased:

Shortly after setting up the tank I realized I was in trouble. I made a room divider with only one 20 amp plug in the middle of the floor to run it. After I added my chiller (a Current prime 1/3 HP) I began popping my breaker. I was going to re-thing the entire project. I got a bid to run more electric and like to $4!t myself when it came in. 10k to run the electric saw my floor, replace tile paint ect ect. I decided to go with the AI leds and a smaller chiller. I am running everything now on that 20 amp fuse along with a 45 gallon hex seahorse tank.

Will post more but got to get back to work..LOL

I bit the bullet and installed the AquaIllumination LED lights to help drop my Electric load and my heat load.

Because of the reduced heat load from the light I am running a SeaChill TR10 1/8HP Aquarium Chiller (2.5 amps) on a total of about 250 gallons with no problems (it is only rated to 125 gallons

Instead of doors on my stand I had blinds cut to fit the openings. This gives the stand plenty of ventilation and it is easy to work on by just raising the shaded. No doors to work around. The Stand is actually more black than the picture shows.

I then wanted seahorses so I attached a 45 hex to my system. I added a deep sand bed to it an some calurpa to have it act as a second refugium.

I drilled the 45 and added a Glass-Holes overflow box and return.

I added more live rock and built an "island cliff" in the center of the tank so I could have 12 feet of reef instead of 6 feet.

Just realized that today is exactly one year from the first pictures..Little late doing this thread...