Search results

1. S

sidways tang

Hello all, I haven't posted to the board for several years but I have a wired problem. I have had my tank for over five years and all is going well. One day my hippo tang will not come out of it sleeping spot deep between two rocks. even to eat. So after a few days I figure he is old, five...
  2. S

Tunze controller

So, I just hooked up the single controller 7091 to my recently purchased 6000. Where do you set the upper and lower powers? Well I will assume everyone sets the top speed at 100%. Where do you set the lower speed 30 50 70%? And where do you set the Pulse time. My tank has one side, overflow...
  3. S

Id please

[I got this monte cap from a fellow member about a month ago. all of a sudden this other stuff started growing on the included rock. Is it a macro algae? or a coral? it dosen't seem to have a skeleten alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> Sorry for the big pics]
  4. S

Hoe to kill mushroms

[I have some mushrooms encroaching on some SPS. The SPS lose. I have tried to cut them away but they grow back stronger more plentiful the before. I want to kill them. Can you kill them with Joe's juice or with Kulk mix.]
  5. S

Id please

[This thing was on the glass this morning. It's small 2 ml. alt="">]
  6. S

Crocea clam always turning on it's side....

[just not worry and leave it alone. Mine has always lived on its side. I don't feed my clams though.]
  7. S

Cleaner shrimp - Life span

[I lost my cleaner shrimp last night. I had it two years to the day got it 2/15/03. Do you think it was old age? How long are do they live? The rest of the tank looks fine.]
  8. S

Aqua contriller graph

[ alt="">]
  9. S

What's next

[Well I have run out of gadgets to add to my system so I got another tank. Picked it up at the frag meet. An old 29 gal bow front, cheep. I drilled two holes in the back for 1 inch bulkheads. All I have to do now is divert the pump the runs the UV sterilizer and PhosBan reactor through the...
  10. S

Roe - Gsm eggs

[Trying to post a pic http://by19fd.bay19.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin....dcaabd0]
  11. S

Kenya tree coral

[Ok, I can't get this thing to stick. I got it at the frag workshop. Everything else is doing well but the Kenya won't stick. First I stuffed it in a hole in some rock. It fell out, Then I Super glued it into the hole. in two days it came lose. I gently rubber banded it to the rock. in...
  12. S

Old bulbs

[It there any good use for 9 month old 10k 400s and 96 w antinic PC bulbs. They used to be worth alot of money. They are still prety bright. They would make a good back yard light, is there a Cheep balest that would light them oh well, it the trash with them]
  13. S

Aiptasia - In my refugium

[Has anyone seen this before. They are growing on the top of the Cheto. I am going to turn it over and get a peppermint for my refugum.]
  14. S

Ozonizer

[I am about to add an Aquazone Basic Ozonizer to my system. I am running an aquacontroller pro with an ORP probe. I run a CPR, SR4 Venturi Driven Protein Skimmers, Rated Ozone safe 150 mixed reef. Should I get the 50, 100 or 200 generator?]
  15. S

Tang wars

[I have had three Yellow tangs for a year and a half. They chase each other around every ones and awhile with no harm until last night. When I awoke this morning one was missing. I looked around and found it hiding in its home. The other two will not let it out. If he tries to come out the...
  16. S

What to do

[The other week I discovered the ugliest thing in my tank. A Sea cucumber. Its ugly, about 1/2v inch around and about four inches long. The tank is almost two years old so he must be a good hider. Well as of 7:00 tonight he is out in the open in the front of the tank. My question is weather...
  17. S

Refugium sand bed

[I am setting up a new refugium, Is Miracle Mud worth the money? Should I use live rock rubble? How about bare bottom with one big rock? I want to get lots of pods and grow healthy macro. Low water flow or high water flow?]
  18. S

Wacky salinity readings

[I can't figure this out. A am doing my regular water change. I mix 25 gal of ro/di. I know I have added my regular amount of instant ocean but my refractor meter reads 1.05. So I check the salinity with my old coralife swing arm meter and it reads 1.026. So I test my main tank Both the...
  19. S

Goy the new lights

[Continued from old post http://www.dfwmas.org....;t=2193 Well I went to for the 400s. I installed them last night. I turned the 4 96watt PC into all antics What’s a good brake in protocol? For the first day I have the lights mounted 14 inches above the water. I dug out the old glass lids...
  20. S

New lights

[Its time to up grade my lighting. My tank is 150 Gal 72 long X 21 wide X 24 deep room devider I currently have a custom sea life hood 72”X10“ with 4 96 watt 34” PCs, two 10,000K and two antics. I was all set to add two 250W PFO mini pendants with Ice cap ballast's and 10,000K HQI bulbs I...