Search results

1. B

IM Lagoon Fusion 25G

Time to setup a nano for once....wish me luck! alt="">
  2. B

Custom 60G

The sickness cannot be cured. [smilie=rofl.gif] Ordered a 60G rimless cubish(70cmx55cmx60cm) tank with black silicone and matching stand, 3 side starphire with an internal overflow. Tunze and profilux products are super cheap here and even cheaper if I take a 40 minute drive over to a LFS in...
  3. B

Lighting and coral coloration

Serious info here. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/12/corals Cheers,
  4. B

Do you feed at night?

Interesting article with new evidence why it may be better to switch to daytime feeding. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/12/corals2 Cheers,
  5. B

More Reef Keeping Myth Busters!!!!

I've seen these subjects come up recently so posting this article for your enjoyment. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2009-04/newbie/index.php Cheers,
  6. B

Bimmerzs 150G Cube build

Picked up a year old Marineland Deep Dimensions 150G cube(36"x36"x27") from someone on our sister club down in Austin. This will be in my apartment down there and I will be transfering content's from the temp 90G I have at my house in Wylie, I really need the 90G moved so I can get everything...
  7. B

My LED build in progress

Here my current LED setup I'm working on to replace my ~1300 watts of lighting I had over the 130G. The heatsink is 30"L x 10"W and I had it anodized. It will have ~90 led's total when finished and I am using the Berquist Thermal Pad's instead of the time consuming 2 part thermal epoxy. I have...
  8. B

is this right

They both are way high, if you get your alk to 16Dkh it will be the end of most of your coral before too long. When I ran a Carx I had to keep my alk higher(11Dkh) in order to hold up my ph. IMO it is totally unnecessary to run ca at 480ppm, why do you think that would benefit your coral's...
  9. B

Had to move chalice and it hit me...this thing is huge!

Cool.... [smilie=smile.gif]
  10. B

So you want a Featherstar???

Feather Stars are some of the most difficult animal's to try to keep alive in our tanks. They are really picky on what they will eat and a lot of food's are not the right size for them. If someone is trying to sell you one of these you may want to ask why they are not maintaining one of these in...
  11. B

New fish will be here any moment!

Any thoughts on Qt'ing the new arrival's or are they going straight into your tank. [smilie=smile.gif] Cheers,
  12. B

Will GFO cause SPS to RTN?

If you add too much gfo it can cause a very rapid decrease in alkalinity, ph as well as phosphates, which will cause issues with sps. You can have bleaching effects and rtn issues as well as irritate coral's if you don't rinse the gfo well enough, and let the "fines" enter the tank. Since gfo...
  13. B

What Happened to Re-Run

Does anyone know what happened to Re-Run....Re-Run was the "dfwmas" sea hare that was going around the metroplex and who now has been apparently lost in the schuffle. [smilie=lol.gif] Cheers,
  14. B

raising ALK via baking soda

@acat1976 wrote:
  15. B

low ALK issues

If Ca and mg are good then I would retest with a different kit or confirm with a LFS....your kit could be bad. I would think your OH would be low as well if your Alk really is that low. The 2 part is also not a good way to raise alk, it is only good to maintain your levels, I would suggest...
  16. B

Trying to set up my tank - need help

@melev wrote:
  17. B

Pappone Method

Wondering what happened to all of the diehard pappone users.......are they now vodka dosing their tank's. :D Cheers,
  18. B

Sac's around SPS polyp's????

I have 2 or three acropora's that have what looks like small sac's surrounding a few polyps. I am puzzled as to what this could be...looks like egg sac's but been there a while so that may be doubtful. .....anybody witnessed this before or know what it is. alt=""> Cheers,
  19. B

Neptunes Cove

I was up at Neptune's today and Bill got a huge shipment in. It came in later in the day so they were still unboxing around 8 when I left. I did see at least one bluespot jawfish and some cool anthias that's not commonly available. Just thought I would give everyone a head's up. :D :D Cheers,