Do you feed at night?

Interesting article with new evidence why it may be better to switch to daytime feeding. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/12/corals2

Cheers,

I feed mushrooms after lights out. They 'seem' to get bigger much faster. I feed them excess BBS ( we have lots left over from the grow-out for dwarfs) and rotifers.

Very interesting. Need to read this in detail later.

Huh makes me want to do two things:

1. feed my frozen food that helps feed the coral in the morning and the pellets at night
2. buy a regulator setup like I have on my CO2 and start adding O2 to my aquarium at night--not completely sure about this tho

I have begun to spot feed my LPS (acans, brains, etc) at night due to my fish stealing all of their food but this could be beneficial as it said, " Corals may then respond by reallocating energy to other processes such as soft tissue growth, as this could be energetically favorable." I think I will have to re-read this again.

weird... i feed at night with explosive growth...

why do you see sweeper tentacles predominantly at night?

Sweeper tentacles at night are for war time. The corals fight for space at night and eat during the day. Just watched a cool show on tv about it the other day.

Great article! What methods could be used to obtain 150% oxygen? I'm not even sure how you test what %O you are at...?

@Spar wrote:
Great article! What methods could be used to obtain 150% oxygen? I'm not even sure how you test what %O you are at...? said:
I think to put the O2 into the tank you could use the same regulator setup that is for a CO2 with an Apex controlling it but I dont have any idea of how to measure the % in your tank.