My LED build in progress

Here my current LED setup I'm working on to replace my ~1300 watts of lighting I had over the 130G. The heatsink is 30"L x 10"W and I had it anodized. It will have ~90 led's total when finished and I am using the Berquist Thermal Pad's instead of the time consuming 2 part thermal epoxy. I have 70 RoyalBlue,10Blue,20CoolWhite,10NeutralWhite, 4Red and 4Green led's to work with. I will use a 3:1 ratio of RB to blue/white and have 7 dimmable meanwell's to work with.

_DSC2791.jpg
alt="">

Ron looking good and are you going to have your Apex control the dimming? I think that you will find that your corals will really like the new lights.

TXU is gonna miss your old tank. LOL

On the plus side, you won't be the cause of rolling black outs in your neighborhood now. LOL

Looks like your gonna have a great fixture.

BTW I count 118 LED's in your post but you are only going to run 90. What are you not going to run out of what you posted.

@kleankord wrote:
which kit is this? said:
@coralreefer wrote:
Doesn't sound like a kit - sounds like Ron is going for something a little new! said:
Yup....not a kit but nothing really "new", best heatsink, best led's, all around best driver and ocd type soldering skill's.

@psteeleb wrote:
are you going solderless? said:
Nope.....that's no fun!

@washingtond wrote:
Ron looking good and are you going to have your Apex control the dimming? I think that you will find that your corals will really like the new lights. said:
Yup, along with a VDM module...thanks

@M@! wrote:
Very nice! Are you running any optics? said:
I have the 80* optic's for everything but the green's and red's, I need those to diffuse more and not spotlight since only 4 of each. Everything should blend well at 18"-20" height.

@derek4real wrote:
TXU is gonna miss your old tank. LOL On the plus side said:
Thanks Derek!

@Lance6270 wrote:
BTW I count 118 LED's in your post but you are only going to run 90. What are you not going to run out of what you posted. said:
Theres always one in the crowd. [smilie=rofl.gif] J/K there Lance. I am using pretty much everything since also need two smaller setup's for my tub setup in Austin. May have a driver left but thats probably it, I let youu know.

Cheers,

Sharp looking heatsink, and excellent choice going with the Berquist! Now that NanoTuners is out of business, I need to start sourcing those from somewhere else.

Do you mind if I ask what your reasoning is for going 3:1 RB:W? And actually, it looks like you are going a mix of Blue and White? In looking at the spectrum graphs, Blue doesnt really give you the best spectrum for maximum photosynthesis. OR are you going to see if maybe there is a something missing in the spectrums of most fixtures that coral need and you are going to try and provide that with the green/red/blue lights?

@C4rN4gE wrote:
The goal is to "hit" all of the spectrum's first, the 3:1 ratio and mix will allow me to maximize coloration while maintaining a more natural, balanced looking tank and not some blacklight generator. I may add a couple t5's to it if needed later on. [smilie=rofl.gif] That and I can make some killer storm patterns using my Apex. [smilie=rofl.gif]

Cheers,