MH SE Burn position...does it really matter?

@acat1976 wrote:
I just bout 3 reeflux 20k 250watt bulbs one is blue(not as blue as i thought more like a 12k) and the others have no blue tint at all. I thought maybe the ballast were weak or bad so i swap the ballast on the light that was blue onto one of the blubs that was not blue at all. no change! So iam wondering does the burn position of the bulb really matter? If your not familar to the burn postion i am reffering to look at the below link http://coralvue.com/reeflux.html When i fix the burn position of the bulbs and if it dont fix the coloration what else can i look into?? said:
I would position them as they suggest. Reeflux bulbs will never again burn over my tank until they fix their quality control issues. Their bulbs shift colors early and randomly, burn different colors and overall blow. Their "new" 20K bulbs actually have greater PAR than their 12K's which I suspect is a marketing trick since they are nowhere close to true 20K coloration. I'll let you try one of my 250W 14K aquamaxx's if you want to see if you like it. lmk

Cheers,