is this right

They both are way high, if you get your alk to 16Dkh it will be the end of most of your coral before too long. When I ran a Carx I had to keep my alk higher(11Dkh) in order to hold up my ph. IMO it is totally unnecessary to run ca at 480ppm, why do you think that would benefit your coral's?? An alk of 8-10 should suffice for anything I would think.

Cheers,

Alk anything over 11 will start hurting lps corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@acat1976 wrote:
so should i stay at 420-440 ca? my Alk currently is at 9dkk so i will leave it all alone said:
There is nothing wrong with those numbers, I run around 420ppm ca and 8-9dkh alk but I'm auto dosing 2 part. I'll never go back to a reactor.

Cheers,

@acat1976 wrote:
why did you ditch your reactor commlpetely? said:
Can't speak for Ron but for me dosing was easier to keep my ph up than when I had my ca reactor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
[I]@acat1976 wrote:[/I][quote="why did you ditch your reactor commlpetely? said:
Can't speak for Ron but for me dosing was easier to keep my ph up than when I had my ca reactor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"]

Yup...same for me as well. It's wayyy easier to keep your parameters exactly where you want them and you remove PH issues that can develop with running a CaRx.

Cheers,