Bimmerzs 150G Cube build

Picked up a year old Marineland Deep Dimensions 150G cube(36"x36"x27") from someone on our sister club down in Austin. This will be in my apartment down there and I will be transfering content's from the temp 90G I have at my house in Wylie, I really need the 90G moved so I can get everything repaired from the 130G leak last year. I have had a ~80G holding "tank" setup for 5 months already and already have quite a bit of stuff down there already. The plan is to continue seasoning the water in the cube with waterchange water from the holding tank as well as from the temp 90G. I will start transitioning the main LR pieces from the 90G this week into the cube as I only have smaller pieces in the holding tank. This build will not break any record's as my schedule has been very hectic, not that I'm complaining. [smilie=lol.gif] Wish me luck!

Cheers,

Here's the original stand I had made but it was made with 1" steel tubing and 1" angle iron for the base. I was worried that it would not hold the weight and since I had it made by someone near Wylie, the logistic's of bringing it back up from Austin and coordinating a quick turn-around was not gonna happen so I found someone in Austin that build me another stand. I think I over-reacted as the original stand seems pretty dang sturdy but oh well.

_DSC4755.jpg
alt="">

Cheers,

And here's the new stand, it seperates in order to get it thru the apartment door as does the original stand. Dim's are 36"x36"x 38"

_DSC4360.jpg
alt="">

Copyof_DSC4356.jpg
alt="">

Copy3of_DSC4352.jpg
alt="">

can't wait to see this one Ron

I would have opted for a beefier stand myself. it may be fine for the dead weight of a full tank but there isn't much lateral support in that stand with only 1" tube/angle

@psteeleb wrote:
can't wait to see this one Ron I would have opted for a beefier stand myself. it may be fine for the dead weight of a full tank but there isn't much lateral support in that stand with only 1" tube/angle said:
Yeah was thinking after the skin it would most likely mitigate any issues laterally but I did not want to chance it. It would be fine for a frag tank most likely, I do have lot's of renters insurance tho'. [smilie=rofl.gif]

Cheers,

Aw, just go for it! These forums need more DIY catastrophic failures. I'm working on that, myself. [smilie=lol.gif]

I love cubes. Wish I kept my 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be watching this thread closely!!! I just purchased a 93 gallon cube and will be starting its build very shortly. I need to design a stand first, then a sump.

@uchin wrote:
lets see some level live rock [smilie=lol.gif] said:
Always one in the crowd... [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] Here's a lil' progress at least, added 80lbs of the LS and added some LR from the container in there. Tried three of the Dr. Tim's product's to kick off the cycle.

Front View
_DSC5219.jpg
alt="">

Left Side View
_DSC5223.jpg
alt="">

Cheers,