Recent content by K_Red_Raider

1. K

Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump

Hey guys I was wondering what the best brand of dosing pumps are. Is the Bubble Magnus the best? It is by far the brand that you see the most so that leads me to believe it may be the best. I am thinking about switching from a CA reactor to dosing for a more precise control of ALK, CA, and...
  2. K

About to loose my Hawaiian Flame Trio--Help

Ok I got a Hawaiian Flame wrasse trio over a week ago and have them in a QT and they have been doing great until today. Now all three are breathing hard and laying on their sides. I have them in a 10 gallon frag tank with a Maxi 400 for circulation, a filter machine with new pads, heater, and...
  3. K

CA Reactor Pellets

It is time for me to change out my CA reactor media and I was wondering what is the best brand? I know this is a question like what kind of salt do you use which is personal preference but kinda want some opinions. Right now I use ARM Media and have a dual chamber reactor with a course/medium...
  4. K

Top Off Pump

I am currently using an Aqua Lifter plugged into a JBJ Auto Top Off for a 30 gallon cube. This was working very good but for some reason it cant keep up now even after buying a new Aqua Lifter. What pump does everyone use for their top off?
  5. K

Harlequin shrimp and Chocolate Start Qusetion

I have a pair of Harlequin Shrimp that have cleaned up my asteria start problem and now I have gotten a few Chocolate Chip Stars to feed them. I have two questions: 1. Will one leg every other week keep them fed or do they need one leg per week or even two legs per week? 2. I have a new sump...
  6. K

Apex E-8 help

My e-8 bar has quit turning off my power head when it is suppose to. Has anyone had any problem like this? It was working for the past year and now decided to just keep the power on at all times. I have checked to make sure no one has changed the outlets and the plug is in the correct spot...
  7. K

MP40 help

I recently bought a used MP40 and it has stopped working. The dry side is turning but the wet side is turning just a little but not much at all. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
  8. K

TDS what should it be?

OK ive got a quick question. I have two-5 stage filtration systems on two different faucets and was wondering what is a normal TDS reading? One of them is reading around 10 but the other is around 30-40. Is 30-40 too high to use in the aquarium? I had the company that we rent them from come...
  9. K

Skimmer on Apex

I finally plugged my skimmer into the apex E8 but am not sure how I want to program it. Can some of yall tell me how you have it programed? Thanks Kevin
  10. K

Refractor on sale--is this a good one?

Right now I use a hydrometer and have been thinking about getting a refractor for more precise measurements. I just found this one on sale at Marine Depot and was wondering if it is a good one. It has a bunch of good reviews im just not familiar with refractors to know if this is worth the...
  11. K

SC Orange Passion

Does anyone have this coral? I cant find it anywhere and hate to drop $185 on a frag without more pics of it.
  12. K

Pro Corals Rainbow Acro--help

I have a Pro Corals Rainbow Acro that I got from Jason Fox this summer and was wondering if anyone has this piece and where you have it located. When I first got it it was browned out so I placed it in my frag rack (on the side of my tank) and after a month it turned a bright green and was...
  13. K

Melanarus Wrasse-Reef Safe??

I have a ton of Asteria Star fish in my 120 SPS dominate tank and was thinking about getting a Melanarus Wrasse to take care of the problem. The question is...is this a reef safe wrasse? I realize that is a loaded question as all fish can be reef safe and they can all be non-reef safe but I...
  14. K

assessor help

I picked up a Golden Assessor at MACNA and have him in a QT right now and am having trouble getting it to eat. I have tried everything: Rods, frozen mysis, frozen blood worms, flakes, 4 different kinds of pellets and it still will not eat. I have ordered some live brine shrimp from...
  15. K

Making Rock

I want to make some rock for my son's tank. I have plenty of live rock in there now but would like to make a custom structure for his tank. I realize that I could just put the rock that I have now together but I want to make a couple of caves, etc for the jawfish and coral banded shrimp. I...