About to loose my Hawaiian Flame Trio--Help

K_Red_Raider

Membership Expired
Ok I got a Hawaiian Flame wrasse trio over a week ago and have them in a QT and they have been doing great until today. Now all three are breathing hard and laying on their sides. I have them in a 10 gallon frag tank with a Maxi 400 for circulation, a filter machine with new pads, heater, and air stone. I have changed the water with new water because I thought that maybe it was toxic as my wife acidently double fed them last night (they have been eating great). I have an amonia tab on the tank and it has never moved from yellow which is the good area. I have treated the water with prime, melafix, and pimafix. I dont not see any scars, fungal, ich, or any other thing wrong with them.

Also, I had a potters wrasse in the qt that has died today.

What am I missing??

I think you need to use water from the display that has bacteria etc. in it. Not new water where over feeding, and waste can take over tank because you have no bacteria.

Great point but I have used both (from the display and fresh) and am currently using prime which from my understanding will help with the bacteria issue.

I'm at work and my wife said they are still alive but not looking any better so I'm not expecting them to make it thru the night.