Top Off Pump

K_Red_Raider

Membership Expired
I am currently using an Aqua Lifter plugged into a JBJ Auto Top Off for a 30 gallon cube. This was working very good but for some reason it cant keep up now even after buying a new Aqua Lifter. What pump does everyone use for their top off?

have you popped off the cover of the JBJ Auto Top off and turned the dial for it to stay on longer?
http://www.jbjlighting.com/pdfs/ATO_ht_adjust_float.pdf

@Sherman wrote:
have you popped off the cover of the JBJ Auto Top off and turned the dial for it to stay on longer? http://www.jbjlighting.com/pdfs/ATO_ht_adjust_float.pdf said:
This. There is a timeout dial on the inside. My JBJ/aqualifter combo keeps up with my 260's evaporation with no problem. Just be aware that sometimes the JBJ/Aqualifter combo needs a reset. I've got my Apexes programmed to reset the JBJ every hour.

I actually have the JBJ on a timer which turns on and off a couple times a day. The flow of water from the aqualifter is just a tricle so that is why I got a new aqualifter but the new one has a tricle just like the old one. I have looked at the plumbing/hose and it looks clear and also unplugged the hose on the "out" side of the aqualifter but the flow was just the same. The hose on the inlet side is clear rubber/hose and I cant see any blockage but may try to add some of the black rubber/hose and see if that improves the flow.

Do yall not keep your JBJ on a timer??

MIke im not sure what you mean by "reset"

By reset I mean the same idea as your timer. My Apex will turn the JBJ off for one minute every hour. That way, if the current draw from the pump is too low and the JBJ gets stuck turning it off for a minute and then back on will let it go back to normal. Common issue with the JBJ and a low current device like the aqualifter.

Mine only does a trickle as well but it keeps up with sometimes 2 gallons of evaporation per day.

I guess I need to up the time on my timer so that it can keep up. I have it set to run for only 5 min twice a day. I would leave it on longer but it is in the toddlers room and the ringing sound that it makes when it is running wakes him up which makes the wife mad! Is there a way to silence the JBJ?