Recent content by jaabc

1. J

Feather Duster Problem

So I have this feather duster.... Ive had them before with no trouble, and I have a Coco worm that is doing quite well. It looks like part of his tube has disintegrated. He is alot shorter than he was before. And the tube was like a dark sand color, now looks dark brown. I dont know what to...
  2. J

?'s about sump

Is it possible to convert a sump (see website below) with 2 chambers into a refugium. I know the typical fuge has 3 chambers, but i didnt know if there was a DIY thing i could do or if i have to get something completely diff. thanks for the input in advance http://www.pro-clear.com/wetdry.html
  3. J

how to frag branching hammer.

i need help. my hammer has gotten too big and is crowding my other corals. how do i frag a branching hammer? ive heard stuff about a dremel which i dont know what that is. and ive heard people breaking it with their hands. whats the best and most safe method for the coral? thx.
  4. J

fluval edge

i was considering getting the fluval edge 6gal tank. has anyone had any experience with it??? ive heard mixed reviews.
  5. J

id.

OK. I POSTED THIS IN SOFT CORALS TOO. I BOUGHT THIS ROCK A WHILE AGO... COUPLE MONTHS. I JUST NOTICED RECENTLY (LAST MO. OR SO) THERE IS TWO HEADS OF SOMETHING. IDK WHAT IT IS. THIS PIC IS HORRIBLE WAS TAKEN W/ A PHONE CAMERA. I HOPE THIS WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ID. AROUND THE CENTER/MOUTH THERE...
  6. J

ID please!

i ordered this mushroom rock online.. ive had it for a while. just recently (last month or so) i noticed something on it. im not sure exactly what it is. this is a bad pic... my camera is not functioning properly and so this was taken with a camera phone. it also looks like in the center/mouth...
  7. J

i think my duster died

i woke up this morning to find that the end of my feather duster's tube was covered in slimy stuff. kind of like when a fish dies and you dont get to it quickly enough and it pretty much disappears into a slimy mess. i only have 1 fish and the remains didnt look like my fish, since he is white...
  8. J

cyano

i just got home from being out of town for about 2 weeks. my husband has been taking care of the basics on my tank. i noticed last night that i have two patches of cyano. how can i get rid of this? and quickly hopefully. thx so much!
  9. J

DIY DAS +refugium ?

Ok... so I tried to add a refugium to my DAS. I have a 55g. I tried to add a 10g fuge. I wanted to keep my DAS built-in skimmer working, so I decided I would use the pump that normally pumps water out of the overflow back to the aquarium to pump water to the fuge. the pump is a Hagen-Laguna...
  10. J

pistol shrimp ?'s

I have a pistol shrimp with my yasha goby. He was pretty small when I got them. how do I know he is still alive?? is there a way to tell?? i only ever see the goby. i want to make sure i dont need to get my goby another pistol.
  11. J

dwarf angels ??

i had a flame angel just die recently. all other fish are doing great and water parameters look good too. ive had a couple people tell me about them sometimes being caught using cyanide. do they do this will all angels?? ive been wanting to buy a lemonpeel hybrid that ive found, but the cheapest...
  12. J

stocking ?

this may seem like a dumb question... i know the are "rules" for fish keeping. ive geard thar 1"/fish per 5g of saltwater is what you should go by for stocking a tank. is this common practice? then for a 55g i could have 11" of fish. Do i have too many fish in my tank??? and my tank is a DAS...
  13. J

yasha goby disappeared

i added a yasha goby & pistol shrimp to my tank yest. the shrimp is tiny so i doubt ill see him for a while, the goby on the other hand is small but not so small as to be missed. i havent seen it at all. i havent had a goby before. do they normally hide after acclimation. im worried it might...
  14. J

how do feather dusters reproduce??

we have a feather duster which has grown nicely since we got him. we had him setting in a rock and it was time to move him to his new tank across the room. after moving him we found another huge feather inside that same rock... attached to the rock we couldnt move him. is there any way to move...
  15. J

radiata lionfish

so we just ordered a radiata lionfish. i dont know much about triggers, but would it be possible to put a trigger with the lion??