yasha goby disappeared

i added a yasha goby & pistol shrimp to my tank yest. the shrimp is tiny so i doubt ill see him for a while, the goby on the other hand is small but not so small as to be missed. i havent seen it at all. i havent had a goby before. do they normally hide after acclimation. im worried it might have died and i dont know it. he was out for a little while after i added him, but since then he is no where to be seen.

When I added a pistol to my tank it and my Yellow Watchman goby disappeared for like 3 months. The 1st year they were together I saw them maybe 5 times. Then I re-arranged some rock and they decided to make their main tunnel door front and center. I see the goby every day now and the pistol 3 or 4 times a week.

Yep, they'll hide. Not sure about the pistol shrimp. But I had a Yasha in my 12 gallon and when I broke it down I moved it into my 24 gallon. It came out one time, my clown nipped (gently) on it's tale and I haven't seen it since (think that was 8/08 ). But I've read so many places where pepole thought they lost the fish and when the broke the tank down or moved some things, up popped their long lost fish. If you acclimated them properly and your tank parameters are fine they should be okay. What size is your tank?

You need to see if your yashi went in the overflow. I have a yashi/candy pair in my 12g nano and when i was doing a water change I saw my yashi in my overflow. I put eggcrate over the overflow so hopefully it won't happen again.

They are also carpet surfers as well.